What is your pitcher's other position?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2011
Lakeville, MA
My DD usually plays third when not pitching. Her secondary training is in her hitting though. I think she would actually rather be looked at for her bat.

Aug 10, 2010
My DD(Age 17) plays outfield or first when not in the circle for travel ball, and usually never leaves the circle in high school. When she was younger she was the shortstop when not pitching. I would have liked to see her play short when not pitching in travel ball but the coach had other plans. Worked out well though as she got numerous college looks and contacts and will be playing college ball next year..

Feb 17, 2011
Third base when catcher #1 is catching pitcher #2.... SS when catcher #2 is catching pitcher # 2 or 3.... I know its a mess. lol

coachtucc

Banned
May 7, 2008
A, A
12u Travel Team:
My #1 usually sits sometimes 1B
My #2 plays 1b, rf or just hits (good bat)
My #3 plays 1b or rf (very good bat)

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD is only 10 and the OP probably doesn’t care what her secondary position is but:

It seems like since she Ps, which she really wants to do, she is thrown into ever other position except C. Manager fills out the positions and sticks her in whatever is left. She is pretty much the only player that has not had a secondary position on all her Teams.

mike s

Pitcher's Dad
Jul 18, 2011
Northern IL
1st DD played 1B and OF, is out of FP now. 2nd DD SS, OF and 1B occassionally, is freshman and will find out today if V or JV. I am interested to see what HS coach will do with her. I am staying at a distance, letting her make her own way on HS team.

Jun 18, 2010
DD is only 10 and the OP probably doesn’t care what her secondary position is but:

It seems like since she Ps, which she really wants to do, she is thrown into ever other position except C. Manager fills out the positions and sticks her in whatever is left. She is pretty much the only player that has not had a secondary position on all her Teams.

Thanks Quincy, and the others who have posted. Last weekend, DD played FB and SS when she wasn't pitching.

Many of the posters hit the nail on the head, depending on the quality and dedication of the other infielders (on this team), DD may get a lot of infield time when not pitching. I spoke to her last night and she likes getting a chance to play these other positions and looks forward to a chance to play OF. We had quite a few hit to the outfield this weekend and she now sees how important the OF positions are.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff