What does the corner mean to you

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
As your are admiring corners, here is one from today
walker_zpsbb145145.gif

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Hahaha come on. Is this good stuff or no?

Yes. Except for the "uncoil the hip" stuff. The hip doesn't uncoil, the swing...handset...barrel uncoils.

Think of the corner and coil as similar. Picture a coil spring attached from the ball of the rear femur on the bottom of the coil, and the backside of the rear shoulder or hands on top of the coil spring. So a lower half head start turn tightens the coil spring from the bottom...the bottom of the spring is turning and the top of the spring is resisting from turning. It is creating a corner. Now we want the bat to get whipped around the corner, so we would not "uncoil" the bottom of the spring...we would release the resistance of the top of the spring....so the uncoil is the top...or the bat getting whipped around the corner.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Redhot you had some good stuff to say in this thread.
I make fun of Rich, and disagree with him on things, but I also learned from him. Some of his terms are spot on.

I use SNF for hitting lessons now...Not every lesson but a drill to use for a feeling once in awhile. It helps them feel that corner.

Straightleg

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2009
Would someone please post a clip or still and draw the lines that represent the 'corner'. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog