What does the corner mean to you

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2009
Yes. Starting from the top going down, the lower starts at the ball of the rear femur.

Haven't heard that from Justin Stone before...he must be lurking these days in some interesting places :)

Great fielding instructor too, seen him in action....

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Haven't heard that from Justin Stone before...he must be lurking these days in some interesting places :)

Great fielding instructor too, seen him in action....

Haha. He spent the day with Rich yesterday.

I would love the chance to send a kid or two his way. Anyone in the Chicago area, I think he would be one of the best to help your kid in any part of their game.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2010
Interesting clip, when he turns from hpp vs the leg, looks alot like Rich's clip when he did it and the know it alls mocked him on the net.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
You know this swing. IMO the action your dd is creating...sending the barrel rearward...her lower is turning forward...is creating a corner that the bat is whipping around. Maybe ask her next time you have her do that....ask her if she feels that...if that sounds accurate.
BustosStraightleg.gif

We teach a negative move. I might use different terms than others, but the load shows up in my daughter. I really dont think we are that far apart. Just get there a different way.

I do try different things from other hitting people. I am never above that...

SL

R

RayR

It shows up in this swing because of the reverse top hand constraint. This is why I like the RTH as a drill - it forces the hitter to turn the barrel into the load if done correctly.

We teach a negative move. I might use different terms than others, but the load shows up in my daughter. I really dont think we are that far apart. Just get there a different way.

I do try different things from other hitting people. I am never above that...

SL

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Haha. He spent the day with Rich yesterday.

I would love the chance to send a kid or two his way. Anyone in the Chicago area, I think he would be one of the best to help your kid in any part of their game.

So we now have Justin Stone using phrases such as “stretch the muscles around the hip socket”, “efficient load around the rear hip socket”, “go time in the lower body”, “maintain that coiled position”, “moment of Go!”.

Seems that I've heard somewhat similar terminology before.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
One comment Danielle made was " moving my shoulders to quickly". What does this/that mean? A video example of this would be nice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207