what do you think about the wilson fx2.0 helmet?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
From what I've seen of the TPU padding (in a batting helmet), it looked very good. I expect that Schutt's long experience with football helmets would be beneficial in regards to head injury protection.

I wish Schutt's website info on their catching helmets was better.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
I was hoping that you might provide some details about why you think they are the best i.e., cost, design, fit, weight, durability, visibility, color selection, concussion prevention etc. FWIW, I'm most interested in concussion prevention

No helmet can prevent a concussion. Visibility is awesome, color selection is what you can dream of. The fit and weight can be considered the best in the industry

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
Haven't purchased DD the Wilson ProShock helmet yet but its on my wish list for sure. DD tried almost every catcher set we could find in the end I found that Wilson Promotion gear is one of the best available. Compared to Easton Mako, Wilson is way lighter, allows better ventaltion and has really good knee padding. I was actually disappointed with the lack of padding on the Mako. I did like the Mako chest protector a lot but once I was sold on the Promotion legs I just paired it with the chest protector which I also top notch. Check Amazon and EBay. I was able to get the legs and chest protector for about $150 shipped which is what you would pay for just the legs at a retail store.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles