What do you mean by PUSH?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
You could have your hitters try,
Reverse Hand Drill:
BustosStraightleg.gif

This will give your hitters the 'feel' of 'turn the barrel to the ball'.

Looks like Bustos' (what a swing) forearms are rotating the barrel backwards with the hands connected to that movement. I have read that some like to feel the back of the top hand rotating to the ball, but without any forward or rearward movement of the handset, which remains at the shoulder during that phase. I think Bustos forearms look like this; what do you guys think?

TedEverything.gif

Right ... during the 'Around' the top hand wrist/hand is often inline with the rear forearm.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I think I was off from work that day:eek:
Today, Reverse Hand drill promoting. Turn the barrel with/and creating resistence 'feel'.

BustosStraightleg.gif

You posted my daughter again, any chance you have your daughter doing the Reverse hand swing?...Like to see it
I know your JUST a dad trying to help his daughter.

SL

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
You posted my daughter again, any chance you have your daughter doing the Reverse hand swing?...Like to see it

SL

Yeah I posted your daughter as a good example of 'turning the barrel'. Did you read the thread/post?
I have been being 'nice' to you. Do you want that to continue? Maybe the PM's are saying different for some reason.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Yeah I posted your daughter as a good example of 'turning the barrel'. Did you read the thread/post?
I have been being 'nice' to you. Do you want that to continue? Maybe the PM's are saying different for some reason.

Like Ken said post your own hitters or daughter? And I did not send you any PM's?

SL

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Like Ken said post your own hitters or daughter? And I did not send you any PM's?

SL

Oh, your reading comprehension is lacking. I never said you PM'd me recently but, have in the past asking for my help. That not important right now. Not what Ken said to me about your DD. I was nice when asked about the original purpose of the Reverse hand Drill being an extension drill. Which it was posted as such but, I was nice and said I didn't remember.
Don't tell me what to do...OK.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I have trouble seeing the reverse hand set up in that clip. Too dark.

Don't worry about it your DD has nice extension/gets to extension. Plus your DD doesn't have a problem with 'turn the barrel to the ball'. It's just from where your DD 'turns the barrel'.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

SL

Come now RDB. We all know the drill was stated to be about obtaining extension. The comparison here highlights a hitter that realizes extension and someone doing a drill to obtain extension, but not quite realizing extension.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Right ... during the 'Around' the top hand wrist/hand is often inline with the rear forearm.

5 - I worked with my DD tonight on this, and it was eye opening for her. It took me a long time to feel the blended wrist movements. Going from the radial flex to the waiters tray extension position as one move is brilliant. I know it form golf, but didn't translate it well at first. I was trying to keep the barrel loading in the untip plane, and being stubborn about it. DD was popping maintaining that wrist extension tonight; good feeling. I really have to thank Rich for knocking some sense into me on this one. I do enjoy this forum a lot too. As a father of five daughters, I definitely have something in common with most everyone on this site, and the debates are always thought provoking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd