Vinci Catcher's Mitts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 15, 2014
I just noticed that the Vinci Catcher's Mitts are mitten style as opposed to finger style.
Can anybody comment on this. I would like to have my DD try one on before buying. She is so used to the finger style I am worried she may not like the mitten style, of course it would help if we could try one on but, these are not sold in stores.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm not sure what you mean by "finger style" and "mitten style". Like all catcher's mitts that I have come across, Vinci has individual finger stalls for the index and middle finger, and a combined stall for the ring and pinky.

Aug 15, 2014
thanks for the clarification, by mitten style I understood that to man no finger pockets just like a mitten 4 fingers would be next to each other. maybe vinci needs to clarify this in their description.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I never noticed the "mitten" description on the Vinci site before, and I understand where your confusion is coming from now. The pics clearly show finger stalls, and my experience with Vinci is what I described.

The difference between a "glove" and a "mitt" is separate fingers - fielders glove vs. 1B/catcher's mitt. However, I've never seen anything but separate fingers stalls on a mitt, and I've never seen a catcher's glove.

Jul 20, 2012
Vinci Glove.jpg
I never noticed the "mitten" description on the Vinci site before, and I understand where your confusion is coming from now. The pics clearly show finger stalls, and my experience with Vinci is what I described.

The difference between a "glove" and a "mitt" is separate fingers - fielders glove vs. 1B/catcher's mitt. However, I've never seen anything but separate fingers stalls on a mitt, and I've never seen a catcher's glove.

Vinci Glove.jpg

This is the best shot I have, on my computer, of DD's Vinci Glove

Aug 31, 2015
Texas
DD has two Vinci catchers mitts JCV-VM and JCV-34 .They both have individual finger stalls with the pinky and ring finger together in one stall.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The Vinci I used for bucket time had finger stalls, but it was a baseball catchers mitt, so I resold it on Ebay.