Verified IR PC Registry

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
IR is used by the pitching gurus on DFP, but most pitching coaches are unfamiliar with the term unless they have been on this website. Denny Tincher uses the term "fluid dynamics", but it is essentially the same thing. Learn what to look for when watching a lesson and you can quickly identify the HE vs. IR instructors. You also have to be aware that there are instructors who throw/demonstrate IR, but teach HE - like Jenny Finch.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would be very wary of a PC that advertised and/or had plenty of room in their schedule. :)

The best pitching coaches are booked solid and do not advertise other than word of mouth. I pay for pitching lessons even when my DD cannot attend just to hold our time slot.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
There has to be a way for us DFPers to compile a list of qualified PCs; regardless of terminology used, that teach the right way.
So many people view or join this site looking for the right help. Reading the material, sending Pms, watching the videos, etc - helps tremendously. Sometimes, having someone guide you or a new perspective can make all the difference.

I'm trying to compile a list of qualified PCs from around the country as another resource to people. (Not everyone is a info-seeking geek as myself).
I had the thread title changed with the hopes that we could get this list going. COME ON DFPers.....lets do this.

Nov 3, 2012
Denny Tincher uses the term "fluid dynamics", but it is essentially the same thing. ./QUOTE]

Tincher's "fluid dynamics is a lot more involved than "IR", and involves maintianing fluidity through the whole motion. You cant say that internal rotation is the same as fluid dyanamics. Internal rotation is just a component or motion of the pitch, and fluid dymanics might even indirectly promote IR, but to say its the same thing is way off.

I think a lot of coaches teach IR, but use a different terminology. I think a lot of coaches use terminology like brush interference or "brushing". But I think using brush interference, you naturally generate IR. I think theres a lot ways to getting there with different cues and methods. Keep in mind, internal rotation is just a kinesiology term, and in the proper complicated pitch motion dozens of kinetic movements occur.

Apr 28, 2014
DD goes to a Tincher certified instructor in Allentown PA. Her coach does teach IR style. Since she started working with this coach her back pain has disappeared, her speed has increased and control is so much better.

Jul 14, 2008
Internal rotation is more then just "a term". It is the fundamental bio mechanical action that separates the very best from the rest. Period.....

It trumps every other "fundamentally important" action in the pitching motion. Brushing in no way "causes" I/R. You can absolutely brush without an I/R release. In fact you can load more or less....You can drive more or less......You can backswing or not.......But without internal rotation you will NEVER reach your full potential. And you will never compete for a high level position against a pitcher who employs it as the fundamental platform of their delivery.

And IF it was natural for everyone, we'd have 10,000 high level pitchers in this country. Instead we have the FEW who come by it naturally, and then the rest who are mediocre or drop out all together.

Internal rotation is a teachable bio mechanical movement. Ignoring it's importance in training is no different from ignoring any other "taught" fundamental mechanic in the pitching motion under the guise of "it will happen naturally".

In my opinion.....If you don't teach it as some portion of an overall teaching plan, it's because you don't understand it. There's no other excuse.

Jul 14, 2008
I only bring up that Tincher doesn't stress I/R because he called it a no teach at our lesson. I just wanted people to know if your looking for someone to break it down like BM in I/R in the classroom.
Tincher did not do that in our lesson with him. He didn't like the term I/R. Not saying he's no good!I liked Tincher he knows his stuff! And I believe Tincher PC's are def some of the better ones. ...Just saying what happened at our lesson

He doesn't like the term? LOL!

Internal Rotation is a no teach but Fluid Dynamics is? Pretty funny.....

[video=youtube_share;Cdpoo2XM6Hg]http://youtu.be/Cdpoo2XM6Hg[/video]

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
The use of the term Fluid Dynamics with respect to pitching and bio mechanics sounds an awful lot like some of the terms used in hair care and cosmetic commercials. They use buzzwords that sound really cool but they technically meaningless.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I know nothing of what Tincher teaches because he plays his instruction close to the vest. No demo clips on his site, nothing on youtube, seems like he feels he has a trade secret. That and the franchising aspect of what he is doing is a real turnoff. I am all for a good PC making a good buck and I have paid a pretty hefty hourly fee to see a top notch instructor and I don't think there is any substitute for one, but the idea that a coach can bring in a group of PCs, give them a few days of training and send them off as certified is kind of a red flag for me.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
BM's sticky was a game changer for us, it took my dd's pitching to another level. I haven't run into any PC's that can break it down as good as he did in that sticky! I wish so much that my dd had the chance to work with him. I would also really love to get some time with Java my PC is awesome! Don't get me wrong I love her and she knows her stuff she teaches I/R and I know she is one of the best PCs! ....but nobody and I mean nobody breaks it down like BM and Java . I'm dreaming of having them both teach dd! that would be awesome BM for IR and Java for DM.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA