Verified IR PC Registry

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 30, 2014
Central Ohio
Tincher instructors don't use the term I/R but it's exactly what they teach.

Exactly. Timing of this is ironic as we had a lesson last night with Denny Tincher as he is in OH doing lessons with our PC Jenn Newman as she is in the last stage of being Tincher certified. I have learned so much from all the great members here and our daughter would not be as far along as she is without that help. Getting to spend 90 minutes with Denny was just what the doctor ordered though. His interaction with the girls was outstanding and the teaching/learning was better than we had hoped. Also he had additional coaches there besides just him and Jenn and the whole crew was excellent. Not trying to turn the post in to a Tincher commercial but wanted to share our experience. As I type this I can hear my daughter in the kitchen talking to her mom more about the lesson!

Back to the original topic, Jenn Newman based in Toledo OH is a great instructor in our opinion. She made it very clear in her first email reply to me ever that she does NOT teach HE which was very reassuring and she has backed that up 100%. As mentioned she might not use the IR term we are used to but she teaches it.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
Mike-Coach Q is an excellent PC. He's extremely knowledgable and very patient. It's obvious he's a life long learner which is awesome to find in a coach. He's a fellow DFRer and teaches IR. DD and I had a real workout session.... We BOTH learned a ton. I'm not sure which of us are more excited about the possibilities. He was able to have DD understand overlap, sequencing and difference between whip and "riding along".

I highly recommend him if your in the SoCal area. We drove 1 1/2 hrs each way.... With bouts of LA traffic and all I can say.... It was so very worth every minute of it.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
1bucketmom thanks for the kind words. I also had a wonderful time today sharing some of the stuff I've learned here on this site as well as the 10 years on a bucket with 100' s of wonderful athlete and their parents.

Everyone has the same burning desire and request from their coach, can you help get the athlete of our dreams that's inside our child, to come out and be a reality.

Softball (like all sports) has elevated from a sport where X volleyball and basketball players would play to a highly skilled and trained athletes specialized in. As a coach, we also have to raise our level of competence as parents , such as yourself require a higher level of training. The Internet and sites like this one gives almost anyone seeking advance training access to top level coaches and trainers. It also gives those high level coaches a forum to express their knowledge and help. If you think about it, like I have, without the giving of the high level coaches on this site, who often had to fight to get their point across like board member did with IR. If he didn't have the ba$&! To stand up to all the attacks about IR most of us (especially me) would still be in the Stone Age of softball. I think he rocked the pitching community so much it made us ask, What else is out there we can improve on..... Brush interference and drive mechanics to name a few.

It obvious, you have done an excellent job with your daughter so far and I wish you all the success on your softball journey. With your support and attention to detail, I know she'll achieve her dreams . Thanks again for making the trip out , I'm glad it was worth you time and effort. Until next time.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
Let's keep this thread going and turn it into an IR registry.

So many of us have struggled needlessly to find the right information, resources and people. Let's make it easier.

Please list the names of pitching coaches that are known for/confirmed as teaching IR, BI and drive mechanics (even if they call it something different).

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
In the Portland, OR area, I only know of three people who teach whip with good posture. They do not advertise and are not taking new pitchers. I'm still trying to find a PC for my own daughter. I wish good PC's (good instructors AND good mechanics) were everywhere....

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Step style. I really enjoyed his show and wish I knew then what I know now--I would have loved to have hung out after a show and talked with him!

Last edited:
May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
I only bring up that Tincher doesn't stress I/R because he called it a no teach at our lesson. I just wanted people to know if your looking for someone to break it down like BM in I/R in the classroom.
Tincher did not do that in our lesson with him. He didn't like the term I/R. Not saying he's no good!I liked Tincher he knows his stuff! And I believe Tincher PC's are def some of the better ones. ...Just saying what happened at our lesson

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
In the Portland, OR area, I only know of three people who teach whip with good posture. They do not advertise and are not taking new pitchers. I'm still trying to find a PC for my own daughter. I wish good PC's (good instructors AND good mechanics) were everywhere....

I would be very wary of a PC that advertised and/or had plenty of room in their schedule. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA