Uniform/equipment companies to flock to or run from?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2012
You all were such a big help on my question of uniforms being the players' vs the teams, I thought I'd hit you all up again with another question.

In the two weeks since I've been thumbing through this sight, I've seen various posts on uniform/equipment companies and who to and not to go with. Having said that, I can't remember everything I've seen and learned, and when I search out posts I tend to come up with different threads each time. I really don't want to be duplicitous in my posting on topics that have already been posted over the last couple of years, but I'm afraid I might have to be. My question is this: When dealing with online uniform or equipment companies, are there any you recommend checking out, or more importantly perhaps, any that you strongly suggest staying away from? We're looking at new jerseys/pants/hoodies/scrimmage t-shirts, helmets, and bat bags for the team. Bags we're pretty sure we're going with Boombah simply for the size, quality, and color customization features. Helmets will most likely be Easton, Mizuno, or Rip-Its and I think I have a handle on where to get them online without fear of being ripped off. The clothing is my main concern.

Thank you for your time.

Jun 27, 2011
I am curious about the same thing. i'm looking at breaking away from my DD's current team to start my own. The girls would like to have quality uniforms. I've been looking at under armor, mizuno, russell, nike, reebok, etc. I just don't want a cheap uniform that will be full of snags or tears in less than a year.

Jun 20, 2012
Joe - I think Sports55 just may be the place mentioned to stay away from that I'd seen previously. THANK YOU!

I'm looking into mylocker.net for hoodies, t-shirts, etc. Seem to be reasonably priced and have a decent selection. Really no jerseys to speak of though. Just the extras.

Going to give areswear.com a look today. Thank you, sanchosj

Agree in the snag department. The Augusta jerseys we have seem to have snagged so easily. We're investing MUCH more into this season than we did in our experimental season of TB.

Jul 26, 2010
I always suggest finding a local embroiding/printing shop and getting your uniforms done there. It makes it much easier if you need any changes.

Boombah makes good stuff, but there's no warrenty on their clothes, so if they rip or fall apart early, you're SOL. I usually get things like sweatshirts, bags, and warmups from them, but not uniforms.

-W

Jun 20, 2012
Really leaning towards local for jerseys. I want the girls to be able to try on first. Equipment I'm okay going online with. Boombah really only appeals to me for the bag.

Now have to decide sleeved button up or Racerback/sleeveless. The girls like the sleeveless, but ALL of the high schools around here where they will be playing in the spring of 13 or 14 wear the buttoned down with sleeves, so I want the girls to be used to that.

Jul 3, 2012
Joe - I think Sports55 just may be the place mentioned to stay away from that I'd seen previously. THANK YOU!

I'm looking into mylocker.net for hoodies, t-shirts, etc. Seem to be reasonably priced and have a decent selection. Really no jerseys to speak of though. Just the extras.

Going to give areswear.com a look today. Thank you, sanchosj

Agree in the snag department. The Augusta jerseys we have seem to have snagged so easily. We're investing MUCH more into this season than we did in our experimental season of TB.

Try i2icustom.com

Feb 16, 2012
We have always gone with a local company. You can build a better relationship in person and if there are any problems they are easier to get fixed. I have used the same local guy for three years now and works out great for both parties.

Apr 1, 2010
DD has had sleeved, sleeveless and racer back, with a combo of button-down, two button at top and no buttons.

In my opinion, the best jersey is a sleeveless two button or no button top. If you have buttons all the way down, they will gap across the bust. Racerbacks show bra straps, can lead to painful sunburns and the underarmour shirts don't layer under them very well. A sleeved shirt is ok, but the girls are always stuck with sleeves.

With a sleeveless shirt, it looks good alone, or on top of a short-sleeved underarmour type shirt or on top of a long-sleeved underarmour type shirt. In fact, you have the option of coordinating the undershirts to create a lot of different uniform 'looks' with just one sleeveless jersey.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877