Truth

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

NEF

May 16, 2012
New England
Truths heard in the home this week,
"life is not fair", and "putting in more work than someone else, doesn't really mean much"
Tough, maybe next week will be better.

Last edited:
May 6, 2014
Columbus, GA
It is unfortunate to sign in and read a thread on "truth" and have to admit that it is true.

As part of a current and ongoing addressing of some questionable acts of a rec league, instructions to correct have been "complied" with by .... wait for it, more falsities (i.e., manipulation and cheating).

"I prefer to be true to myself even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others rather than to be false and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglas

CH

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2012
Utah
And some things aren't "softball politics" or a "conspiracy" against one's DD...could just be the truth.

Who is the gatekeeper of what truth is?? How many conspirators admit their own conspiracy? However, it is true that not all issues are "softball politics" and/or "conspiracy."

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe that video would confirm that the HS Head Coach wasn't struck by a foul ball, rather it was a softball thrown from the grassy knoll by a disgruntled TB parent.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Kaffee: *I want the truth!*
Col. Jessep: *You can't handle the truth!*
[pauses]
Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
-- A Few Good Men

Greatest movie quote ever.....
and THAT'S the truth!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi