Travel and Rec

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 3, 2015
Michigan
I always hear folks complaining about playing time with their TB team, and most responses are "if you want it to be fair, go play rec". Except when Susie is really good, and can help us win games, then "fair" goes out the window.

Apr 28, 2014
My DD played Rec... For her it's not about circle time... She likes to play with some of her friends.. I like the extra circle time but as a Travel Player she is only allowed to pitch 3 innings per game..
It does build confidence and allows her to try new pitches on batters that in most cases she wouldn't try in travel just yet.

Jul 7, 2015
I personally think every rec team should have a TB girl on it for whatever reason or a woman coach that has played college ball. My experience tells me that most of the rec girls relate to this and soon aspire to be the best they can be just by natural competition and adults now see the sport in a different light. Some rec girls will now tryout for the Travel team if they really enjoy the sport. The people that have problems are usually some of the parents and that attitude shows up in the kids. When the coach explains to the team that TB player can only be there part time most of the girls are cool with that. It also teaches the girls to rally together and step up their game, there's more playing time when TB girl is gone, they learn to deal with a little adversity (players do get injured, have choir, weddings and a life outside softball. Having fun, sharing playing time and learning the game fundamentals is the coaches, parents and players responsibility. Play hard and have fun doing It!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi