Torn parent

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 8, 2012
The 1300 covers fall and spring tourneys and all the lessions.

Yes she will be the primary pitcher,, as she was this past spring..

I was just thinking she needs to play with her own age to keep advancing..

Aug 8, 2012
Dang, I've been a fool all these years. I could have charged extra for the things I should be doing and teaching my players in the first place.

Before I go much further, these lessons, are they one on one at a facility? Aside from normal TEAM practice? Does he have a child that plays?

Yes at the coachs facility, and no the coach does not have a player on the team.

I will say this tho, most of the other team is off of another 02 team the broke up also.. It kinda has bad look to it ,, but I am trying not to think that the good ole buddy system is not at play here.. IDK..

Jan 18, 2010
In your face

Well, she only has two choices, play up in age or play with her own age. She can't play younger than her bday allows. Are you worried about the younger girls on her team? Remember every team needs a leader....................

Aug 8, 2012
Well, she only has two choices, play up in age or play with her own age. She can't play younger than her bday allows. Are you worried about the younger girls on her team? Remember every team needs a leader....................

Yes thats what bothers me!! my kid having a year of kid pitch and playing with girls moving up from coach pitch..

J

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Yes at the coachs facility, and no the coach does not have a player on the team.

I will say this tho, most of the other team is off of another 02 team the broke up also.. It kinda has bad look to it ,, but I am trying not to think that the good ole buddy system is not at play here.. IDK..

Makes a little more sense, a business deal along with the team. Nothing wrong with that, I have seen that before here in Memphis. But usually more aimed at the Gold level.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Yes thats what bothers me!! my kid having a year of kid pitch and playing with girls moving up from coach pitch..

J

Slow down, I do understand your frustration. But if the coach is as good as you say he/she see's something. He is either using your DD for the leadership of his younger team, or she needs a year as the prime pitcher to get better on team #2. At this age, absolutely nothing wrong with either one.

Mine is a pitcher, sometimes early hard choices pay off big time in the end.

Apr 1, 2010
For a pitcher, circle time is gold. IMO she'll be better off being the #1 pitcher on the lesser team than the #3 pitcher on the better team.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The 1300 covers fall and spring tourneys and all the lessions.

Yes she will be the primary pitcher,, as she was this past spring..

If your DD is a pitcher she definitely needs to be on a team where she would see significant mound time. Obviously the coaches felt there were some other pitchers who were better options for the older team, but that does not mean that your DD could not eventually earn a spot on the other team by pitching well on the younger team!

Aug 8, 2012
Well we will see,, thanks for all the posts. This forum is awesome..
I am going to chill and see how this works out. Considering all the options (other teams) this may still be the best option.

Its so many teams that almost every team is mixed age. Not that, thats bad just saying.

God will put us where he wants us!! I need to remember that quicker!! Haha..

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
I am not sure what level your DD is playing, but in high level travel ball there is no such thing as "paying your dues". Every girl must compete every year for her spot on the team. Since a player born in '02 or '03 would be playing 10U next season, I would highly suggest that you get your DD onto a team where she will see significant playing time. The best way to improve is to play. If your DD is the 12th best player on a good team, will she see significant playing time......

As for the $1300, what does that cover? If that is Fall and Spring dues, and you play in more than 12 tournaments and have indoor workouts and new uniforms, that is a pretty good deal.

Agreed! Our dues were $847 plus uniforms for a year last year with no winter space workouts costs
This year....$800 plus uniforms. When we do indoors space we all split it equally at the time of payment.
This is the total cost before anyone raises money for their player or we do a team fundraiser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207