Torn parent

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 8, 2012
Tried out for a brand new team the other day. The coach is awesome and has a wealth of knowledge.. The coach had so many tryout they decided on two teams.

Here is where the rub comes in.. The coach put all the more (team#1) experienced 02 girls on one team.

The other team #2 is a mix of 03 and 02 ..

My daughter just finished a ruff spring (getting beat by 01 girls) and has paid her dues so to speak..

Now she is looking at playing with more young girls moving up from coach pitch.

Looking at 1300.00 to play.. Pays for coach equipment and lessions..

What would you do??

Aug 8, 2012
Guess you find another team or leave her where she is on the "B" team. We're sort of in the same boat with our youngest. She's an 03 going into her 2nd season of TB. Her team had a tough time last year as a 1st year 10U team not a single tournament win. Hopefully this year will be better. Players are staying the same--new coach.

Is the coach you liked coaching team #1 or #2. I would stick with the coach if you like him. Your DD may thrive on being a "veteran" player. If you really feel she's taking a step backwards, look for another team or ask to be revaluated for team #1.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
1300 bucks is more than our 16U team pays and that includes an indoor and outdoor training facility , Uniforms and tournament entry fees . Our 12U team was 500 bucks and included all the same things . We also raised some more funds by getting some sponsors but I don't believe it was more than 3 grand in total . The team did have quite a bit of gear but bats were really outdated .

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am not sure what level your DD is playing, but in high level travel ball there is no such thing as "paying your dues". Every girl must compete every year for her spot on the team. Since a player born in '02 or '03 would be playing 10U next season, I would highly suggest that you get your DD onto a team where she will see significant playing time. The best way to improve is to play. If your DD is the 12th best player on a good team, will she see significant playing time......

As for the $1300, what does that cover? If that is Fall and Spring dues, and you play in more than 12 tournaments and have indoor workouts and new uniforms, that is a pretty good deal.

Aug 8, 2012
The coach has a softball training business and teaches hitting and pitching,, The coach has worked (coached) for several colleage teams in the past.

I don't think I could find a better coach,,

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
The coach has a softball training business and teaches hitting and pitching,, The coach has worked (coached) for several colleage teams in the past.

I don't think I could find a better coach,,

Dang, I've been a fool all these years. I could have charged extra for the things I should be doing and teaching my players in the first place.

Before I go much further, these lessons, are they one on one at a facility? Aside from normal TEAM practice? Does he have a child that plays?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff