Too early to predict WCWS Champion?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
Below is the current NCAA D1 softball rankings. I would be shocked if the winner didn't come from one of these teams. SEC has 5 teams, Pac-12 has 2 teams, and the Big Ten, ACC, and Sun Belt each have 1 team in the Top 10.

My prediction is it's Oregon's year with the statistically best pitcher in the nation Cheridan Hawkins (ERA 1.13 and a lefty to boot) and Top 5 in team batting average. That's a deadly combination. I'm also not shy to say that I am a Pac-12 homer.

1 Florida (SEC)
2 LSU (SEC)
3 Auburn (SEC)
4 Oregon (Pac-12)
5 Michigan (Big Ten)
6 Alabama (SEC)
7 UCLA (Pac-12)
8 Missouri (SEC)
9 Florida St. (Atlantic Coast)
10 La.-Lafayette (Sun Belt)

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
...I would be shocked if the winner didn't come from one of these teams. ...

1 Florida (SEC)
2 LSU (SEC)
3 Auburn (SEC)
4 Oregon (Pac-12)
5 Michigan (Big Ten)
6 Alabama (SEC)
7 UCLA (Pac-12)
8 Missouri (SEC)
9 Florida St. (Atlantic Coast)
10 La.-Lafayette (Sun Belt)

IMHO ...

Oklahoma should be in the Top 10.

Missouri & FSU have no shot.

Also not sold on Auburn. Let's see how they do @ LSU.

Weak schedule will hurt LLU & Michigan.

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Mizzou is coming in at the right time.

Lsu is dropping off at a bad time.

Oregon plays in ncaa little league.

Oklahoma plays in a tee ball league.

Bama hangs just enough yearly to make the WCWS.

Florida wins it all.

No comparison, every game in SEC is between 2 top ranked teams. SEC teams are playing a world series every weekend.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
I say NO to Oregon...I like 'em...l don't think they have the pitching depth...

Yes to Mizzou 'cause of there shortstop is a local girl and ran a practice for my team over Christmas break! Go Corrin! :)

After that...a toss up between Florida and LSU...CP

Jun 18, 2010
I like LSU to win it all and my dark horse is Mizzou.

Mizzou just ran the number one pitcher in the SEC out of the game. I agree they are coming on at the right time. Freshman Paige Lowery throwing in the high 60s low 70s and Tori Finucane are a formidable 1-2.

Too bad Auburn doesn't have a true Ace. They have the offense and defense.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Well it wont be UCLA because once Carda leaves the UCLA confines someone is going to call her for leaping. Watching her skipping all over the place right now (meanwhile the Arizona pitcher got called for leaping....). Same goes for Waldrop at FSU and a few others.

I think all the top 15 teams have flaws and are vulnerable - either pitching depth or streaks of games where they just can't hit.

Oregon impress me most offensively, but if they don't get pitching outside of Hawkins they could easily get beaten - however this is the only team I am confident can hit their way out of trouble and cover for the lack of depth.

I'd trust Michigan more except every time I see them on TV they lose... last time it as to Iowa. Also the Big10 just doesn't stack up week-to-week so they are going to get battled tested at the WCWS - unlike most of their opponents who are already tested.

I could see Oklahoma, Georgia or Minnesota going deep if they get a good matchup in the regionals. Like these teams a lot. Oklahoma may have enough to win it all - the other two probably don't. I wouldn't want to be playing UCF in a regional either. And there are difficult teams out there as well - James Madison, South Alabama, FAU, Notre Dame, North Dakota State - you wouldn't want any of those teams in your bracket. The top 10 teams SHOULD beat them, but they are good teams, you don't see them often and they have a lot less pressure on them than you do - and they are used to winning.

Ugh... I have no idea.

Florida over Oklahoma. Florida win in extra innings on a hit batter with the bases loaded.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez