NCAA Rankings - Does this seem correct to you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
Fair enough. I used the word "meaningless" because Michigan had already clinched the Big 10 title and it was the last series of the regular season. Wisconsin took 2 of 3 and it was Michigan's only Big 10 series loss. But go ahead and take the word "meaningless" out of my statement. How do you explain dropping them all the way down to 18, even behind Minnesota? Michigan won the Big 10. They took 2 of 3 from my Gophers. How do they drop below Minnesota? I don't get it.
Michigan did not have the title clinched - the 2 losses dropped them into a tie with the Corona Angels of Neb and a sweep by Wisconsin would have dropped them to 2nd place.

I wish the NCAA published the actual RPI value because we can't tell how close the ratings are to each other. It is very possible the RPI values are very close to each other within that range, so a small decrease in RPI value resulted in a large change in RPI rating.

Ratings based on aggregate results like the RPI don't consider head-to-head results. Knowledgeable pollsters can make those sort of adjustments.

Polls also tend to better reflect how the team is currently playing. Ratings like the RPI are oblivious to late season injuries or drops in performance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez