throwmax

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
Anyone ever tried the throwmax arm brace to train kids to keep their arm up while throwing? Opinions?

I've had a few girls over the years that I've made use one to help break the "girl throw" bad habit. It's not the "Cure all" but it can be a useful tool during the beginning steps when you're trying to re-program the muscle memory. Definitely a temporary tool.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
it has worked for my DD. We use Wasserman Strength also, as well as hockey puck and finally progressive distance throwing. It is a tool...nothing more. Her coaches love the improvement...a ways to go though. Austin Wasserman figured out her sequence problem. The guy is my hero.

Oct 10, 2011
We actually still have two of them and we hate them. DD was forced to wear one right before we read Wasserman's book. I bought one of the newer ones because the owner changed the design so it would bend slightly more than the older version. I finally won the argument with the coach (we had many about this and hitting) and by the end of the season he was using DD as an example to newer girls showing up. He did make the newer girls wear it though! I'd forget about it and spend it on the book.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole