Long sleeve options for a picky girl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2020
My daughter does not like throwing with long sleeves. We've tried UA, Dick's Sporting Goods store brand, and a couple others to no avail. She does not like (1) the feel of the sleeve "pulling" on her arm or (2) how the sleeve feels on her shoulder compared to a uniform or shirt. We're in WI and play chunks of our season in cool and cold weather and I'm looking for a solution if there is one. Fortunately she runs warm-to-hot like her dad so it's not normally an issue but I'm wondering if anyone has had similar experiences and found something their daughter, or a similarly picky player, liked to use?

Thanks!

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Years ago, I bought some long-sleeve shirts to throw BP in. I hated how they fit. I cut off about 2 inches and just let them go. It felt pretty good but know that the shirt will look "bad" and might not last as long.

May 13, 2023
As well do not like sleeves grabbing on my arms.
Actually had to cut the tight binding stripes on my sleeves on my jersey in College.

Either had to roll up short sleeves or wear loose and baggy longer sleeves or not wear any.

Can see floppy loose sleeves in this picture from being cut.
Screenshot_20231023-090431_Instagram.jpg

Oct 14, 2020
Actually had to cut the tight binding stripes on my sleeves on my jersey and College.

Either had to roll up sleeves for wear loose and baggy longer sleeves or not wear any.

Can see floppy loose sleeves in this picture
View attachment 28944
She's like you Turbo - wants the loose sleeves. Maybe there's not a solution. You didn't have a lot of 35-degree warmup temps though I'd bet. ;)

May 13, 2023
She's like you Turbo - wants the loose sleeves. Maybe there's not a solution. You didn't have a lot of 35-degree warmup temps though I'd bet. ;)
It's a tough situation for sure! Maybe wear an undergarment that has no sleeves to at least keep torso warm.
Some products specifically made for cold temperatures and chop sleeves off!

Jul 22, 2015
Have you seen the sleeves that you can just pull on? Some are compression sleeves but there are others that fit snug but don't really give that compression feel if she doesn't like that. They are usually marketed to runners but they are really handy and can be removed if it gets warm without having to take off a shirt layer. Also, they don't connect at the shoulder so you don't have that pulling and tightness around that area.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Actually had to cut the tight binding stripes on my sleeves on my jersey in College.

Either had to roll up short sleeves or wear loose and baggy longer sleeves or not wear any.

Can see floppy loose sleeves in this picture from being cut.
View attachment 28944
When I was 21, it was a very good year
It was a very good year for city girls
Who lived up the stairs

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad