GOT STORIES~the player replied...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
Thought to share this fun little story.

During a lesson yesterday.
A players left arm was contorting awkwardly.
After a couple instructional feedback comments about it.
The player while smiling said
Yes I remember what it should be doing,
but today it's in a mood! 🙂

Lol we had a laugh about that.

I replied, okay well let's see if you can take a moment for yourself to connect your brain with your left arm and see if it would like to join the rest of you with having a great workout.
So she took a moment and spoke to her left arm... And the left arm got on board with the rest of the body and everything worked out well!

Whether it's a mental thing or a physical thing sometimes taking a moment and organizing what the brain wants the body to do is a really important moment!

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Thought to share this fun little story.

During a lesson yesterday.
A players left arm was contorting awkwardly.
After a couple instructional feedback comments about it.
The player while smiling said
Yes I remember what it should be doing,
but today it's in a mood! 🙂

Lol we had a laugh about that.

I replied, okay well let's see if you can take a moment for yourself to connect your brain with your left arm and see if it would like to join the rest of you with having a great workout.
So she took a moment and spoke to her left arm... And the left arm got on board with the rest of the body and everything worked out well!

Whether it's a mental thing or a physical thing sometimes taking a moment and organizing what the brain wants the body to do is a really important moment!
Also want to call out the value of the student having a sense of humor in her journey. No-nonsense-110%-intensity-ALL-THE-TIME can only lead to frustration and burn-out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles