This is why we switched to backpack style bags for everyone but catchers....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
When my oldest dd's shoulder strap on her bag broke a couple years ago, she was quick to tell me what a piece of crap her bag was, and needed a new one asap..... She wanted to replace the Maxx BallBag with a new back pack.... Her bag was so full of water bottles and trash that it literally broke the hardware on the strap!! FYI.... You can get new straps on line a lot cheaper than new bags ��

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Can I ask why anyone would need 3 bats?

In DD's case, 1 cage bat, 1 game bat and a new in the wrapper back-up game bat. The other 5 NIW back-up-back-up bats stay in the garage until one in her bag fails...usually the cage bat. Then the game bat becomes the cage bat, the back-up becomes the game bat and one of the garage bats goes in the bag as a back-up. It was really hard to pass up all those bats. I was able to find a guy on the West Coast that had 8 of her bats in her 34/25 size when the 2016's came out and he wanted to dump them so he gave them to me for $80 a pop. I had to buy all 8:rolleyes: DD seems to break at least one every 6 months.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL

You have your regular bat. Then you have a lighter bat for faster pitching. A heavier one for slower pitching. You have one for bunting. Another if you plan to go yard. One for the cage. One for cold weather. Another for hot weather. And of course some backups. As long as you do not have more than 14 in your bag there is no penalty. :)

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I guess we were silly. BB had her game and wooden bats in her bag/backpack bag. She hit with both before a game. If she had other bats, and she did as she grew up, they were in the trunk and she carried them in to the cages. Why carry them around all over God's Green Earth? It would seem to me that any of that additional weight would only wear the bag out faster. I guess different strokes for different folks. Sorry to hijack the thread.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
You have your regular bat. Then you have a lighter bat for faster pitching. A heavier one for slower pitching. You have one for bunting. Another if you plan to go yard. One for the cage. One for cold weather. Another for hot weather. And of course some backups. As long as you do not have more than 14 in your bag there is no penalty. :)

No one splained any of that to me! No wonder everyone looked at us so weird!!!

Jun 9, 2015

my daughter carries 3 bats as well. 1 winter bat, 1 bat for hitting off the machines, and her live ball bat. 2 are the exact same bat (machine and live ball) and then winter bat is an older model of the same bat (if it breaks in the cold oh well).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck