My daughter may catch some, but will mostly play 2B, SS, and 3B

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2022
We have catchers gear and will bring it with us. For the time being, is it best to use a duffle bag or should we get a catcher's bag? What are your favorite duffle bags and catcher's bags?

Oct 4, 2018
I hate to waste money. I'd go to Play it Again Sports and pick up a used catchers bag for $10 or so. They'll have plenty.

Some girls who don't catch much or are phasing out of catching buy the regular team bag for their gear, then have a separate bag (of any kind really) for the catcher-specific gear. Tuck that way under the bench or leave with parents for when/if you need it.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
DD got catcher gear way back in 12U and has had the same bag she uses and she's in second year 16U now. Her bag is lasting fine - so if you can find a used one, they seem to last pretty well.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD is primarily a catcher, and during the TB season, everything lives in her giant Evoshield catcher's bag. During the HS season, however, she uses a regular fielder's backpack for bats, batting helmet, cleats, and gloves plus a smaller Adidas duffle bag for her catcher's gear. This is for the simple reason that her big bag won't fit down the aisle of the bus for away games.

As for favorites, her current Evoshield Stonewall is very roomy, but actually bigger than it needs to be. Her previous bag was an Easton (E700W, maybe), and it was really good. Just the right size, lots of pockets, and proved to be very durable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32