The Kelly Barnhill Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
barnhill_fsu_1_zpsokgdiejj.gif

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2012
Indiana
I guess it was too much to hope that the umpires at FSU would grow a pair and make the call against cheatin Kelly Barnhill. But no, an obvious leap and and push on every pitch.

Where did you watch the game? I thought for sure #1 Florida vs #2 Florida St. would be somewhere on my DirecTV, but I could not find it. I would have enjoyed watching the Florida St. walk-off 3-1 win in the 11th inning. Barnhill pitched 10.1 innings with 21 K's but gave up 2 hr's (the first off her this year)...raising her .19 ERA to a .30 ERA.

knightsb - Love the gifs...thank you for posting them. My high schools girls get a kick out of seeing the triple-rule-violation on a single pitch - leap, replant, & outside of lane...unbelievable and sad!

I settled for watching Oklahoma beat Oklahoma St. 3-0 to clench the Big 12 title...good stuff!

Jun 18, 2010
Despite Florida pitcher Kelly Barnhill's 21 strikeouts, Florida State's Alex Powers smacks a walk-off two-run home run in the bottom of the 11th inning for a 3-1 win.

barnhill_fsu_hr_zpsnc01kln0.gif

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Where did you watch the game? I thought for sure #1 Florida vs #2 Florida St. would be somewhere on my DirecTV, but I could not find it. I would have enjoyed watching the Florida St. walk-off 3-1 win in the 11th inning. Barnhill pitched 10.1 innings with 21 K's but gave up 2 hr's (the first off her this year)...raising her .19 ERA to a .30 ERA.

knightsb - Love the gifs...thank you for posting them. My high schools girls get a kick out of seeing the triple-rule-violation on a single pitch - leap, replant, & outside of lane...unbelievable and sad!

I settled for watching Oklahoma beat Oklahoma St. 3-0 to clench the Big 12 title...good stuff!

Watch ESPN App as it was broadcast on the ACC Extra Network.

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

You can also go back up to 30 days (used to be 60) and anything that was broadcast.

You will need to login with your credentials from your provider and then have at it. :)

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
congrats to florida state.
OMG! how can the umpires NOT see this triple violation?

even if in normal speed, she's landing OUTSIDE of the pitching lane!

It was interesting to see the drag marks from Burroughs and compare with the cheater. Good to see that at least in this game she was not rewarded. Would have hated to have seen her go undefeated and join the likes of Fernandez and Finch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad