The Kelly Barnhill Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2015
It was interesting to see the drag marks from Burroughs and compare with the cheater. Good to see that at least in this game she was not rewarded. Would have hated to have seen her go undefeated and join the likes of Fernandez and Finch.

I was just about to note that. Barnhill's "drag" marks don't even start until 2 feet in front of the rubber!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I was just about to note that. Barnhill's "drag" marks don't even start until 2 feet in front of the rubber!

Jake was purposely smoothing the area in front of the rubber when they faced her. When she return to the circle there was not even a hint of a drag make. Yet the umpires are physically unable to see this?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Jake was purposely smoothing the area in front of the rubber when they faced her. When she return to the circle there was not even a hint of a drag make. Yet the umpires are physically unable to see this?

Thoughts for the national IP protest campaign:
Theme song- Three Blind Mice
Campaign image- the 3 "See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil" monkeys

Jun 4, 2014
barnhill_vs_georgia_rise_si_zpsnreor2hm.gif

Kelly Barnhill is a groundbreaking pitcher. Leap, Replant, Outside the Lane. The cheating skippie trifecta. Not sure I have seen anyone accomplish that in one pitch.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold on. You better make that 4! In this one she's also pushing off from about 8" or so in front of the pitching plate!

Sep 10, 2013
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold on. You better make that 4! In this one she's also pushing off from about 8" or so in front of the pitching plate!

nice catch. that's a free base pass :)
although her right heel seems to touch the plate just before liftoff. don't know if that counts.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2012
USA
It was interesting to see the drag marks from Burroughs and compare with the cheater. Good to see that at least in this game she was not rewarded. Would have hated to have seen her go undefeated and join the likes of Fernandez and Finch.

I thought the same thing Rise. I almost took a video of both to post here and glad Knightsb posted KB. Burroughs was exactly how it should be and KB, well, we all know what she is doing. Amazing and I really am getting excited to see what happens as the regionals, supers, world series gets going. I know it was mentioned earlier that IP's are getting called on the West Coast more now. Thanks to Watch ESPN App, I was watching a game from a smaller conference (can't remember which game as I watch them all) and there were 3 illegal pitches called in the first inning. The announcers were talking about how one of the pitchers gets called quite often and she has to adjust.

Point being, when we start getting out of conference and umpires from other areas start calling games it may produce some IP calls that will likely blow peoples minds. Or at least one can hope:confused:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877