The Auburn Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
4th Inning:

jr4_front_zps5xsbpda7.gif

jr4_side_zpsm5zgxjdx.gif

May 3, 2014
Funny how most of the these hitters have the front arm pretty darn straight at contact and not bent.

Is there anything to be learned from that? Or maybe it's just the way the female body works? And maybe we shouldn't concern ourselves with arm positions and teach movement/sequence. Not directing this at the board - more at most of the internet community out there.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Funny how most of the these hitters have the front arm pretty darn straight at contact and not bent.

Is there anything to be learned from that? Or maybe it's just the way the female body works? And maybe we shouldn't concern ourselves with arm positions and teach movement/sequence. Not directing this at the board - more at most of the internet community out there.

I found it interesting from the first time I saw these that they have very similar arm positions as Hugo. Who I have said I wasn't a big fan of her arm action. Maybe there is something to it. Even before seeing the Auburn girls and seeing more Hugos the male vs female thoughts had been playing in my head. My daughter had told me 2 weeks ago that she is squats and deadlifts more than a lot of the football players her age, but (her words) "my bench and military press are terrible."

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
jr4_side_zpsm5zgxjdx.gif

hugo_gs_20150318_gt_side_zpssxtv0q2a.gif

v8logi.gif

I notice 'straight at contact' and also almost completly straight during the 'load' upstream of the swing.
Didn't want to 'critic' a college player.....:rolleyes:

Jun 18, 2010
Emily Carosone Grand Slam versus Missouri 03/29/2015 7th inning:

ec_gs_front_zpsd8khvv0g.gif

ec_gs_side_zpsumumbwcp.gif

This is Carosone's 15th Homer on the season, and get this, her 5th Grand Slam on the season.

Carosone finished the game 3-for-4 with four RBI off the grand slam, while Cooper was 2-for-4 with two RBI. Carosone is now tied with teammate Jade Rhodes with 15 home runs on the year. Cooper is just two behind with 13 and both totals rank in the top-three in the Southeastern Conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24