TCBs- are they ok to use with carbon fiber bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
The manufacturer of TCB balls says it is OK, but if you are sending a bat back for a warranty replacement, you might want not mention that your DD hits 100 TCB balls a day with it......

She probably would hit 100 of them if I'd let her, but if we go out to use the TCBs, I try to cut her off at a max of 2-3 times through our bag of 18. Which is still more than they recommend, I think. Those TCB hole balls are easy as pie though; I'd let her hit those or Mojo balls to her heart's content!

Oct 19, 2009
Most of the bat warranties state that hitting balls other than regulation softball voids the warranty. I’ve used the baseball size TCB for 2 years with no problems with game bats.

I’ve seen these bats break with regulation softballs so I don’t think you can blame it on the TCB balls totally.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Hmm, I may have to revise my previous statement. Broken bat #2 has happened and it *WAS* on tcb balls. DD broke her one-piece composite bat at last night's practice hitting a smaller tcb being front-tossed. She snapped her bat just above the wrap tape.
What was the bat that broke? Just curious

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I have seen bats snap all the time. Been using TCB's since they came out. Keep in mind the TCB leave no resin like a pitching machine ball so how would a bat manufacturer know what you were hitting. Plus if you are smart you clean your bat . We have been using scrubbing bubbles for years. It won't hurt the finish and takes all the ball marks off the bat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad