Swing feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
A couple things you might think about is having her look out at the imaginary pitcher then to the ball. Also, let her head come off looking at the tee for so long. It should help her have a better extension and follow through.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Hitting the back tee would not be 'bad' .... that said, this drill has forced her to activate her hands/forearms earlier than she was doing ... and it is the sense of activating her hands/forearms in her game swing that is missing.

Because....her bat should be hitting the back tee..not barely missing it to the side. I'm not a fan of this set up....FFS I guess likes the set up....
this drill has forced her to activate her hands/forearms earlier than she was doing

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Because....her bat should be hitting the back tee..not barely missing it to the side. I'm not a fan of this set up....FFS I guess likes the set up....

Why guess? I stated earlier that I'm not a fan of this drill.

That said ... I don't see the barrel missing the rear tee "to the side", but "above".

The drill, in a sense, has forced her to keep the barrel up ... and with that she improved her hand path. Unfortunately the drill also had her cheating the sequence ... so as to clear the rear tee ... and because of that, she has gained very little other than the feel of early hand/forearm activation.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Full game swing:
tumblr_nt3kpyprie1usf292o1_400.gif

Here is where it looks good....
tumblr_nt3l17eSJ21usf292o1_400.gif

Here is the point( give or take a a millisecond) were you need to stress off a tee to keep pulling back, more vertical bat, keep rear elbow up & then go..........
tumblr_nt3l96uSYU1usf292o1_400.gif

The swing should slot the elbow.

Oct 25, 2009
I don't like the drill either. I do agree that it appears the barrel is coming just barely over the top of the back tee.

Would the tip and rip drill help with the hands. Have to get rid of the back tee of course.

I've been using the tip and rip drill this past month with some good results is why I have mentioned it right much lately.

She looks pretty good. I would like to see her getting more "butt into the swing." Get the weight off the back foot through point of contact.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Why guess? I stated earlier that I'm not a fan of this drill.

That said ... I don't see the barrel missing the rear tee "to the side", but "above".

The drill, in a sense, has forced her to keep the barrel up ... and with that she improved her hand path. Unfortunately the drill also had her cheating the sequence ... so as to clear the rear tee ... and because of that, she has gained very little other than the feel of early hand/forearm activation.

Should this hitter continue doing this drill? I don't want to keep telling this dad that I don't like this drill if you believe it is helping his DD...
I thought also his DD was 'cheating' to not hit the rear tee. In my opinion a hitter would be knocking this rear tee over because the hitter would want to hit line drives.

Oct 25, 2009
Should this hitter continue doing this drill? I don't want to keep telling this dad that I don't like this drill if you believe it is helping his DD...

I thought also his DD was 'cheating' to not hit the rear tee. In my opinion a hitter would be knocking this rear tee over because the hitter would want to hit line drives.

The reason I don't like the drill is because I believe it causes difficulty hitting line drives. Or, more precisely, rising line drives.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I agree with you softball...I wasn't sure about how FFS felt. ( I know FFS said
I stated earlier that I'm not a fan of this drill.
)I was going to remove my post because it has been one of those days on the forums.
The reason I don't like the drill is because I believe it causes difficulty hitting line drives. Or, more precisely, rising line drives.
I too agree with this above. Line drives to me is the 'goal' off of the tee.

Last edited:
May 22, 2012

Great discussion here. Once again the point of the drill is because she would hit the tee normally BECAUSE her first move is elbow drop then barrel turn which would blow up the back tee. Not arguing that many good swings would include hitting the back tee. For her, at this time, hitting the tee would be because of drop and flatten.

May 22, 2012
Hitting the back tee would not be 'bad' .... that said, this drill has forced her to activate her hands/forearms earlier than she was doing ... and it is the sense of activating her hands/forearms in her game swing that is missing.

and I deem this as important. Now to try and do so in sequence.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC