Spoiled Brat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2012
With my dd's team, it all depends on who is crying. Some may get pulled - others he will just leave. He has his favorites and has made it very well known. If it's my dd - I would want her pulled immediately!!! Note - shes 12u...

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
It's what kids do. It's why they need parents. They're immature. They don't always handle situations well. You teach them. No need to be mad or embarrassed about, IMO. Let them know a better way to handle it and what the consequences will be if they don't.

I like this. When DD started pitching a couple of years ago, we talked about how the team would feed off the energy of the pitcher, and how her composure in the circle would be a positive example for the team. This would be doubly true when a teammate made a costly error. She didn't need to embarrass someone who already feels embarrassed. Encourage instead. DD handles this like a champ. Frustrations are fair, but are saved for the drive home.

Otherwise we would have a little come to Jesus meeting.

May 18, 2009
I would have taken my daughter home, too. That kind of attitude can ruin a good team, quickly.

Find out what was wrong, chances are it wasn't softball.

I remember every kid in the last 25 years, that made a butt of themselves. One was that long ago. He was 5 and laid down in the middle of a soccer field and threw a tantrum for 5 minutes. He obviously wasn't mature enough, to play a sport like that. I would have withdrawn him and tried again next year.

I was AC on a soccer team and kicked HC kid off the field. I was asked to referee. You only get so many warning for inappropriate behavior before something needs to be done.

Jan 3, 2014
Well, this week at a large regional tournament her team didn't win a game. She was on her feet on the fence cheering the entire time, supportive, handing out high fives, uplifting the team, hustling everywhere she went. I'm proud of her. She was like a different kid. I guess she decided it's more fun to have fun.

~Laker

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole