Split grip vs traditional

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
I claim to have more than one GIF.

You have zero GIFs to support your claim.

Fixed it for you again.

And I think I was pretty clear that I can't do that from work, but that's OK. You win the internet for today, grats.

Edit: sorry, didn't see this last post. You do indeed have more than one gif. Still doesn't qualify as overwhelming evidence, or even a representative sample. But that's ok.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
The .gif came from RDHanson's post.... He throwed you a bone BuckeyeGuy...

Enter was a Check swing... reminds me of Master GM :cool:

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Fixed it for you again.

And I think I was pretty clear that I can't do that from work, but that's OK. You win the internet for today, grats.

Edit: sorry, didn't see this last post. You do indeed have more than one gif. Still doesn't qualify as overwhelming evidence, or even a representative sample. But that's ok.

Bold above ... I'm in no hurry. This evening will be fine.

I've been waiting for someone to produce such a GIF of Cobb for several years now. Waiting a few more hours is no big deal.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
the frames are missing... the name of the tread is Grip, not swing. Plain to see he was doing something way different an the rest of the bricks.... He was swinging underhand. I crossed him off my hero list, when I seen He didn't have pinky below the knob... :cool:

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
the frames are missing... the name of the tread is Grip, not swing. Plain to see he was doing something way different an the rest of the bricks.... He was swinging underhand. I crossed him off my hero list, when I seen He didn't have pinky below the knob... :cool:

Of course ... "the frames are missing". That explains why you provided it to support your position????? I mean heck, when the frames don't support what you conclude, then state that the frames are missing. Anything but acknowledge the video evidence you provided.

I guess with a database of "missing frames" that some folks can go about pretending anything is real.

FYI ... the name of the thread is "Split grip vs traditional" ... not "Grip, not swing.".

Is Cobb truly doing something "way different"? Do you figure he would be a member of EricF's DBSF club?

oaxf06.gif

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I know the name of the thread.... Split & Traditional Grips. Nothing about swing launch. That's your counter (fit) point :cool:

FYI...You start off with your grip...then leverage your tech·nique..

I know nothing about EricF's DBSF club?

I went underhand... you passed... You went swing launch... I pass. Lets stay in context of the thread.

Grip.... Do you think he should have his pinky finger under the knob...knob :cool: As it is a certainty that he had a Split Grip

Of Course.... You copy my .gif... cut out my logo, & blue the missing frames argument. Stick to what we have in this thread... RD posted the link, see if you can make your point with it :cool: Prove the frames aren't missing. I know they ain't... camera wasn't capable of keeping up with his bat speed... They must not have been using a 600fps camera ??? >

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
FWIW, I'm coming around to FFS POV. The more videos I watch, the more it looks like his hands come together as he starts forward. Not conclusive by any means, but I can't find clear video showing the split grip beyond taking the bat back.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
FWIW, I'm coming around to FFS POV. The more videos I watch, the more it looks like his hands come together as he starts forward. Not conclusive by any means, but I can't find clear video showing the split grip beyond taking the bat back.

Thank you. It's a fairly common misconception.

If you do come across a definitive video of Cobb using a split-grip then I'd be grateful of you supplying a link to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes