Split grip vs traditional

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Simple way to remove any doubts regarding loss of power/no loss of power......just take a representative sample size of ball exit speeds of each method when hitting off a tee.....simple radar gun will do the trick. Might be interesting to compare the range of speeds, average of speed, and highest speed with each. In theory the split grip should have the smallest range if it's intent is to improve contact accuracy.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Good enough for Cobb, good enough for anyone.

Cobb brought his hands together before swing launch.

24cv1xe.gif

May 12, 2014
DD loves the split grip. She said she feels she can control the bat more. I can't argue with the results. Majority of her hits are line drives right up the middle. Whereas before she was popping up a lot of hits.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
DD loves the split grip. She said she feels she can control the bat more. I can't argue with the results. Majority of her hits are line drives right up the middle. Whereas before she was popping up a lot of hits.

Yep...I know what you mean :cool: Also less sting... no gloves needed

Split.gif

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
LL had 116 HR last season in 54 games. Not sure how many use a split grip.

College players who workout regularly can easily hit home runs while using a split grip. 10U, 12U and 14U players....not so much! Using a split grip with better control also increases the number of balls hit on the "sweet spot" of the bat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06