Some truths from a Coach about recruiting...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Yes, he was wanting to add dd's teammate to the team as well and had limited money for that year. I understood where he was coming from. However, we had turned down offers equal to his first offer. So, we went back at it. DD is in a great situation where she is now and, to be honest, the wife and I have had to shell out very little money along the way.

Sometimes things have a way of working out for the best....I know we felt "sucker punched" a couple of times during the recruiting process, but could not be happier with the way things worked out!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Sometimes things have a way of working out for the best....I know we felt "sucker punched" a couple of times during the recruiting process, but could not be happier with the way things worked out!

It's all good if we can honestly say this after they have completed their college career and begin the rest of their life.

Feb 14, 2010
I've told everyone who's asked me about my DDs recruitment this,be very careful because you can spend more money chasing than you could ever imagine. We are very lucky in that my DDs travel ball coach is the best there is IMO when it comes to getting coaches to be honest about their interest in one of his kids.

We had a multitude of options and got very lucky that my DD found her home after just a couple visits. I love to watch kids and parents go through the recruiting process and eventually achieve their dream.

Knights and his DD just went through process and I'm very excited for them. They are a 1st class family and his DD is SPECIAL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32