Softball line up help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2011
Is there an online tool to help you organize changing lineups throughout the game? In our league we need to make sure each player has 2 innings of play and one at bat prior to the fifth inning. I also have afew positions I want to switchout in the game, such as 2B. I have two equal girls that I want to get equal time plus each player must sit one inning if we have more than 10 players. We have 13. Basically I need help with my fielding/position lineup so I can abide by the rules. I have a good group of girls and though some don't have the necessary skills for certain positions I'd like to work them in an inning or two and I'm just not getting my brain wrapped around a good way of subbing and swapping positions.

Thanks,

Oct 22, 2009
PA
For rec, I pre-plan my lineup on an Excel spreadsheet so that each position is covered every inning. I put it up on the dugout so the players know exactly what position they are supposed to go to when we are out in the field. If a position is open because of an absence, it's easier to fill in one position rather than trying to assign 9 positions on the fly.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2011
Billerica, MA
Easy Excel Position sheet with Inning counts

Hello Everyone,

Here is an easy position sheet I made.

It counts the innings each girl is in and shows when they sit down below. It makes evening up playing time very easy.

The only thing to watch out for is make sure you clear the cells instead of deleting them. Everything calculates off of certain cells. Also just replace the names on the two grids off to the side with your girls then it will count properly.

AdamView attachment Easy Position Sheet & batting order.zip

I also attached a simple sheet for batting order. I print out three copies every game. One to hang in the bench, one for whoever is keeping the book and one for the other coach. It saves time so you aren't standing there teling them each girl's name and how to spell it.

Enjoy.

Mar 1, 2012
Here is what I use with our Rec team. Bating line up on the top left and then position play with field graphic on the bottom in alphabetic order. B is bench and highlighted yellow. If you duplicate a position it highlights red. I always do the line up before reaching the park and then substituting for absent players is easy - just change one of the B's to a number. Good luck.

I have tried uploading the spreadsheet but keep getting an error message. I can email it to someone that can upload it if you let me know.

Thanks

Apr 9, 2012
I use ESPN IScore on my Ipad. Its very convienent and user friendly for line ups and much more. its nice to simply put your finger on a player and move them where you want them. Do it on the fly or preplan and print it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck