SnF Drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Cranker, I think the difference is dependent on which movement pattern is being used.. So if one looks at the Decker swing using a turning rear leg/hip movement pattern the only way to do what Decker is doing is to push the arms/hands in front of the rear hip. Using the core based movement pattern one whips from within the sagittal plane using both hips while the legs support.

Then why did 'someone' use Decker as a comparison???
So I would agree it would be a push using the rear leg/hip movement pattern.
No,no,no Decker's swing is a push swing has nothing to do with 'rear leg/hip movement'.
Might have to do with 'corner bleed'.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
This was posted at 8:47AM #158
35mgnwi.gif

hd2_zpsxbtfa3zl.gif

hd3_zps8wxankf9.gif

Why this hitter was used for a comparison is beyond me....

Thanks Rich
You're welcome....you do know my name is Rich:p
Someones got to help.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Cranker, I think the difference is dependent on which movement pattern is being used.. So if one looks at the Decker swing using a turning rear leg/hip movement pattern the only way to do what Decker is doing is to push the arms/hands in front of the rear hip. Using the core based movement pattern one whips from within the sagittal plane using both hips while the legs support. So I would agree it would be a push using the rear leg/hip movement pattern.

On the right we have a hitter that allows the pressure against the rear scap to continue to increase ... the torso is more engaged. You get a more inside/out type swing path.

On the left we have a hitter that is not allowing the pressure against the rear scap to continue to increase, but is doing the opposite and disengaging (pushing) ... it is why it is an OTT-type swing ... the torso is less engaged as the arms attempt to power the swing.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
On the right we have a hitter that allows the pressure against the rear scap to continue to increase ... the torso is more engaged. You get a more inside/out type swing path.

On the left we have a hitter that is not allowing the pressure against the rear scap to continue to increase, but is doing the opposite and disengaging (pushing) ... it is why it is an OTT-type swing ... the torso is less engaged as the arms attempt to power the swing.

Like this one?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Basically yes, notice when she gets to the RVP connection point the hands are a little behind the elbow, IMO she's using not her hands to create a hand path to match the barrel turn. I also edited my previous post to point out that I would like for her to maintain the power V better.

Like I said before I don't use medical jargon when it comes to working with hitters. I try to keep it simple, lol

IMO, what we see here, is Brooke getting into position to deliver the barrel.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Then why did 'someone' use Decker as a comparison???

No,no,no Decker's swing is a push swing has nothing to do with 'rear leg/hip movement'.
Might have to do with 'corner bleed'.

Good question ...... why was Decker's swing used as a comparison?

Was there an attribute in Decker's swing that someone wanted to see work its way into Brooke's swing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan