SKLZ Quickster Rep Net on sale!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ItsJustAGameCoach!

Softball Sponge
Dec 7, 2014
Surprise Arizona
Just thought I would put it out there that I just got the SKLZ net with ball catcher on sale. Sports Authority had it for $150, 20% off and then gave me 10% discount for being retired military. I also got a 2 year full warranty for $34. Not sure how long the sale is, but it was a great by.

Apr 28, 2014
Thanks for the heads up.
I have the Sklz quickster net and it's a beast. I like it way better than the bow nets.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Just thought I would put it out there that I just got the SKLZ net with ball catcher on sale. Sports Authority had it for $150, 20% off and then gave me 10% discount for being retired military. I also got a 2 year full warranty for $34. Not sure how long the sale is, but it was a great by.

Looking at picking one of these up soon (currently under $120 at SportsAuthority with the League discount)...just curious, have you had to use the warranty yet? I'd hope not but thought I'd ask!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Update - went to pick up the 7x7 Quikster this weekend and the they were out of stock, talked the mgr into giving me the same price (sale price of $116...and I also had a $15 coupon) for the 7x7 Rep net which has the "funnel' system for collecting balls and dumping them directly into a bag or bucket. Setup seemed pretty easy as I just handed the box to my DDs and they had it up and were hitting into it before I even got outside. The girls like it and seems pretty sturdy, we'll see how it holds up.
The one thing it doesn't have that the Quikster had is a strike zone/target area built in but that should be fairly easy to remedy.

ItsJustAGameCoach!

Softball Sponge
Dec 7, 2014
Surprise Arizona
Looking at picking one of these up soon (currently under $120 at SportsAuthority with the League discount)...just curious, have you had to use the warranty yet? I'd hope not but thought I'd ask!
It has worked great. I have used it twice a week at practices for the past few weeks and it is showing no signs of wear. And it was easy to put together. My DD that is still playing is only 8 so she asks me to set it up sometimes when she comes home from school. She sets the tee up and puts one bucket under the funnel and another next to the tee and gets to work. She also likes to just throw into it. Since my other DD's are 21 and 22 she has had to learn to play by herself when I am busy. Last week I went outside in the backyard and she was throwing a tennis ball up on the roof and catching it as it came down.
The only downside is the tarp catches the wind when their is a breeze, so make sure you use the stakes to hold it down when it is breezy. Also try to situate it where the wind cuts across it, not into it, but I'm sure you would have figured that out.

Apr 28, 2014
The Quickster net continues to perform. We use it both outdoors and in the house and only one issue so far. The rubber bungee cord snapped on one of the side pipes. No biggie as we don't really need it. We have set up and taken down at least 100 times this past spring, summer, fall and winter. The netting looks brand new and the pipes show no rust despite it being stored outdoors for a few weeks at a time. Definitely recommend this net.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Update - well, sadly I must say that the Quikster Rep Net is not holding up well. One of the bungee cords inside the frame was broken when we got it but that didn't seem like to much of an issue. Over the last few weeks several of the plastic clips which attach the netting have broken. The net now sags in such a way that it wants to tip over (even without any wind) and this also causes the frame pieces to work their way loose from the plastic corner pieces. We'e used it maybe 3 times a week for about 5 weeks now....shouldn't be breaking.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Long term (almost a year) - Do Not buy this net. We have re-strung, re-sown, duct taped, etc.,. Yes, we've used it quite a bit but the quality and durability just isn't there.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Ive bought 4 quicksters over the last few years. I buy them at wally world when the baseball stuff goes on sale. Havent paid over $45 for one. At this price point Its not a terrible deal. One stayed outside assembled for over a year and the net finally rotted out. We got lots of use out of it, but you have to set bags of concrete on the bottom to keep the thing from flipping over.

Bownets are the best I have found. Spend the extra cash on a bownet, use the heck out of it and when youre done with it you can sell it and recoup half your initial investment.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Ive bought 4 quicksters over the last few years. I buy them at wally world when the baseball stuff goes on sale. Havent paid over $45 for one. At this price point Its not a terrible deal. One stayed outside assembled for over a year and the net finally rotted out. We got lots of use out of it, but you have to set bags of concrete on the bottom to keep the thing from flipping over.

Bownets are the best I have found. Spend the extra cash on a bownet, use the heck out of it and when youre done with it you can sell it and recoup half your initial investment.

Ian - If the Quikster Rep net only cost $45 it wouldn't be so bad I agree. For the model I bought the original retail was about $150 (I ended up paying closer to $100) and like I said the quality has been disappointing. We're still using it but I've had to spend too much time on repairs!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207