Showcase Team Looking for "A" level Pitcher & Short Stop

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I hope ruffryders takes these comments as constructive and any negativity is in jest. Their website is impressive and I applaud them for bringing more diversity to the sport we love. It always seems like a challenge for minority communities to field competitive softball programs and they appear to be off to a great start.

I hope you stick around and participate in the forum ruffryder.

All of ruffryder's posts have been looking for players, so I imagine this is another "drive bye post" and ruffryder has not seen any of the responses....but for the record my comments in this thread were general statements about posts for players and were not directed at ruffryder. I actually got a PM from someone chastising me for my comments. LOL

Jun 12, 2015
All of ruffryder's posts have been looking for players, so I imagine this is another "drive bye post" and ruffryder has not seen any of the responses....but for the record my comments in this thread were general statements about posts for players and were not directed at ruffryder. I actually got a PM from someone chastising me for my comments. LOL
Naughty, naughty.

Jan 25, 2011
Hopefully they have a sense of humor. Sounds like a good organization. Nothing in the ad that wouldn't make me interested if DD were in fact an experienced A-level pitcher or strong shortstop. She is neither.

Don't ever think that your dd isn't better then those supposed A players. I have watched those A teams in person & on TV playing. The only difference that I could tell from my dd and a lot of the other non-A players, is that the those girls have parents with deep pockets. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Jun 12, 2015
This is our first year playing A ball and we're in a low age bracket compared to a lot of people (10U, and we're first year 10U). But I can definitely tell a difference between A and B ball teams on average. At least around here. There are definitely some teams classified as A who aren't playing any better than some B teams, but often that's a matter of aspiration. We're mostly getting beaten still but we want to play the higher level teams to raise our own level of play. But when we've played B teams we've mostly beaten them by a fairly wide margin, and watching the B tournaments is way more boring. Wild pitches, no hitting, 800 walks per game (That may be a slight exaggeration). Maybe that changes as they get older and the girls' general skill level improves. And there are some Bs who play just as well as A teams but like being the big fish in the small pond and winning a lot. Overall though I think the A teams do seem to perform better on average, at least in our age bracket.

Nov 18, 2013

I don't think anyone has said anything bad or untrue. The teams own website sounds like a B team trying to move up and the ad makes it sound like they're already there.

I agree about it likely being a drive by, which is unfortunate because he could pick up some great info here.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
This is our first year playing A ball and we're in a low age bracket compared to a lot of people (10U, and we're first year 10U). But I can definitely tell a difference between A and B ball teams on average. At least around here. There are definitely some teams classified as A who aren't playing any better than some B teams, but often that's a matter of aspiration. We're mostly getting beaten still but we want to play the higher level teams to raise our own level of play. But when we've played B teams we've mostly beaten them by a fairly wide margin, and watching the B tournaments is way more boring. Wild pitches, no hitting, 800 walks per game (That may be a slight exaggeration). Maybe that changes as they get older and the girls' general skill level improves. And there are some Bs who play just as well as A teams but like being the big fish in the small pond and winning a lot. Overall though I think the A teams do seem to perform better on average, at least in our age bracket.

Using just A and B does not provide enough options to classify teams. While most tournaments only use A, B and C or Gold, Silver, Bronze to describe their tournaments we use 10 ways describe a teams level (see below). B- teams will typically beat a C team, but will lose to a B or B+. Where things really get interesting is B+ teams that continue to play B level tournament. All the other B teams will accuse them of "sandbagging", but if they move up and play A level tournament they get their clocks cleaned. The key to long term success is to strive to move up a level every year.

REC
REC All stars
C
B-
B
B+
A-
A
A+
Gold

Latest posts

Members online