Showcase Team Looking for "A" level Pitcher & Short Stop

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Wild pitches, no hitting, 800 walks per game (That may be a slight exaggeration).
That doesn't even sound like "B" teams in my area. Must be we are all "A"s and don't even know it. I guess it must because our pockets aren't deep enough, to go play in places like Sparklers tournament in Colorado.:rolleyes:

Jun 12, 2015
We have beaten every B team we've played but one (they had 5 04 girls picking up that day, we are 06), but have only beaten one A team. Does that = B+ probably?

Just curious. I don't put too much stock in these things since teams just assign themselves a letter really. It's interesting though. I like the further division of the levels.

Jun 12, 2015
That doesn't even sound like "B" teams in my area. Must be we are all "A"s and don't even know it. I guess it must because our pockets aren't deep enough, to go play in places like Sparklers tournament in Colorado.:rolleyes:
Well, we're 10U. So a lot of the B and C teams have pitchers and catchers who are only just learning. Our team has 3 pitchers, one of whom had only just started pitching this year (that's my kid) but 2 who, though they are 06, have been playing up for a year or two already so they're pretty good despite their age.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I don't think anyone has said anything bad or untrue. The teams own website sounds like a B team trying to move up and the ad makes it sound like they're already there.

I agree about it likely being a drive by, which is unfortunate because he could pick up some great info here.

A lot of key information about the team was not included in the original post. It was added by DFP members who decided to take the time to do some research. While I love DFP, there is a local GA board that is much better for tryout information GeorgiaCoachesCorner.com • Index page. I hope there is something similar where ruffryder is located.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Well, we're 10U. So a lot of the B and C teams have pitchers and catchers who are only just learning. Our team has 3 pitchers, one of whom had only just started pitching this year (that's my kid) but 2 who, though they are 06, have been playing up for a year or two already so they're pretty good despite their age.

Having a good pitcher can go a long way towards raising the level of your team. An average B team who ads an ACE pitcher can usually hang with most A teams.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Using just A and B does not provide enough options to classify teams. While most tournaments only use A, B and C or Gold, Silver, Bronze to describe their tournaments we use 10 ways describe a teams level (see below). B- teams will typically beat a C team, but will lose to a B or B+. Where things really get interesting is B+ teams that continue to play B level tournament. All the other B teams will accuse them of "sandbagging", but if they move up and play A level tournament they get their clocks cleaned. The key to long term success is to strive to move up a level every year.

REC
REC All stars
C
B-
B
B+
A-
A
A+
Gold

You forgot Diamond Platinum Elite

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Bowie Blue Jays aren't a bad org. They aren't too far from me but they have some big orgs around them and girls willing to travel 2 hrs to even bigger orgs. They've been looking for players like the rest of us in the MD/DE area since August. I think 20 new teams with pissed off dads have popped up making it near impossible to fill a team with 12 or 13 players at 16u/18u.

Sep 18, 2011
I think 20 new teams with pissed off dads have popped up making it near impossible to fill a team with 12 or 13 players at 16u/18u.

Seems to be that time of the year. For the next Friday check in I think my response will be "eat popcorn and monitor social media to keep track of all the player movement."

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Bowie Blue Jays aren't a bad org. They aren't too far from me but they have some big orgs around them and girls willing to travel 2 hrs to even bigger orgs. They've been looking for players like the rest of us in the MD/DE area since August. I think 20 new teams with pissed off dads have popped up making it near impossible to fill a team with 12 or 13 players at 16u/18u.

In our area 16/18U is when the number of teams contracts and roster go from 12-14 to 14-16. Most pissed off dads already started new 12U teams.....

Jun 24, 2011
Fundraising is your friend.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA