Scholarship offer to HS Freshman

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2014
If the coach leaves, you are out of luck, too.

Personally, I wouldn't have passed up NW, for UofI. Maybe she likes orange and navy. I hope that she goes and I hope that I can start wearing my Illini Softball t-shirt proudly.

I would like to say that I believe I chose the best possible school. I chose my school for academics, softball, and overall. I made the right decision. The coaches do have contracts for many years. I hope when you see the damage we do in the NCAA in the next years that that tee shirt will be your favorite.
-Patty Maye

Mar 11, 2014
If the coach leaves, you are out of luck, too.

Personally, I wouldn't have passed up NW, for UofI. Maybe she likes orange and navy. I hope that she goes and I hope that I can start wearing my Illini Softball t-shirt proudly.

Here is a clip of her pitching. She has a great rise and a so-so drop. Her rise is the her killer pitch. She uses the drop to give the batter a different look. For a 13YOA kid, she is great.

[video=youtube_share;-lArEYxqvNU]http://youtu.be/-lArEYxqvNU[/video]

Thank you for the nice comments :)
-Patty Maye

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
I would like to say that I believe I chose the best possible school. I chose my school for academics, softball, and overall. I made the right decision. The coaches do have contracts for many years. I hope when you see the damage we do in the NCAA in the next years that that tee shirt will be your favorite.
-Patty Maye

Patty-absolutely wonderful assessment. I am proud to see great athletes seeking quality educations. Good luck girl!

Oct 27, 2009
Patty Maye, we have a fellow U of I recruit in our travel ball circuit named Stephanie Abello who will be starting her collegiate career in 2015-16 and this young lady is a catcher and an amazing ballplayer. She is poised to shattered the State of Illinois High School career home run record which presently stands at 54, she is only 7 away, I believe, and hit 22 last year. She may very well be a battery mate for you when you arrive. Good luck to the both of you and I hope that you both, as well as U of I, have a tremendous amount of success. :)

Sep 17, 2009
Best of luck...Go Illini!

RichK
U of I Class of 1988 (the prime of the Flying Illini!!)

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Saw this article and thought I would share. Patty is now verballed to UVA, but her story may help others.
Burke: Illinois De*-Commit Ohanian Faces Uncertain Future

Ugh. That UVA program is a mess. I am not sure their coach is going to make it past this season.

- The pitchers he had last year transferred and dropped their ERA's by 3.5+ each on their new teams (Andie Formby - ERA UVA: 5.56 ERA Kansas: 1.91, Alex Formby - ERA UVA: 7.30, ERA SD State: 3.98)
- His best pitcher from last year (Chapdelaine) had a better ERA than 3 of the 4 pitchers used this year and is line with the #1 but she hasn't pitched an inning this year despite being healthy (and she BATS - which is a big shock to those who saw her play previously because she wasn't really in her HS lineup).
- At least one of the Freshman this year was supposed to be red-shirted and didn't. Maybe more - but he needed to get some results with 'his' recruits to show progress however...
- They MAY beat last seasons awful record (16-40), but it isn't going to be by much (13-27 currently with some tough ACC games left)
- and they are being outscored by about 2 runs per game...

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Looks like she has an outstanding opportunity to get a great education and make a significant impact on struggling program.

We have had several local players (or at least local in that they played on the top travel program even if they were not truly local) who have gone to UVA over the past few years. That is pretty much what they have all said...

The biggest issue I see for Coach Miller (apart from the record which can be partially excused in year 2) is that the talent that has transferred out have performed very well elsewhere, and the recruits he has brought in have not performed.

Good luck to her, maybe she is the one to help turn it around.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06