Offer expectations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2023
DD tried out for a few teams. Got offers for all. Unfortunately most organizations reached back out a few days after the offer stating there is not enough interest and they will not be fielding a team.

So down to a couple, with not much time. One team has been around for a while. Huge turnout for tryouts. Not much turnover through the teams. Offer came verbally right after tryout, gave us a few days to think. Got back with questions, liked the answers and accepted. This was a couple of weeks ago, and nothing else formally sent to us, even though we were told we'd have a welcome package the end of last week at the latest. Have followed up since then with responses of "we're finalizing the team and it will out Sunday".

Other team also very established giving us to tomorrow, but way more formal, with signing off on the offer, deposit to hold slot, etc...

DD wants to play for the first team with just the verbal offer. I want to make sure she has a place to play. Is this in anyway common? Or are my Spidey-senses correct that something isn't right?

Feb 7, 2014
Go with your gut - travel offer letters aren't worth the paper they are written on.

If someone with more talent comes along they will likely play. Work hard and enjoy the process. It goes by fast.

Feb 24, 2022
Does the team have multiple teams at the age level? It could be that they are finalizing internally which players will play for which teams. They could be waiting to hear back from a few players. I would ask for a timetable from them. This is a bit of a dark period for teams before Fall practice starts, but you certainly should have recieved some sort of welcome or info email with team details after you accepted the offer.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles