Running after a loss?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
I don't agree with it. I saw a team once that did victory runs after a win though.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Running has a place in competitive activities within the team. The running should be reasonable and should not be difficult.

E.g., if you have two groups within your team play a game, it is OK to have the losing team run a "home to home" or a pole. The idea is to have some minor consequence for winning or losing.

As Ben Hogan said, "If you don't have something riding on the game, then it is just a walk in the park."

ConorMacleod

Practice Like You Play
Jul 30, 2012
I would never punish or embarrass my players, coaches, team, fans, and city by doing a punishment run immediately after a game.

That being said, I have recently started using running, or push-ups, for a noticeable lack of effort or focus. In other words, if you tell a girl to stop talking while you're giving instruction, but she talks again, it's time for her to get to the pole and back. It's just a small reminder that we need to focus.

Then again, since my team does come out flat for game 1 fairly often, maybe we should run before the game just to get our blood pumping. Mmmmm.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06