Tournament formats - Everyone gets a ring

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
A few years ago my dd team lost their 2 pool games both by run rule. Then they played 1 bracket game, won and were the champions. I thought it was strange. I think having coaches sit on buckets on the field while on defense is strange too.
Thanks for tying the bucket thing in. Now I'm thinking for my little tourney I run I should cover some buckets in gold glitter and decorate them like thrones. They can be the team trophies for winning.

Sep 15, 2023
I can describe the format of our (amatour) tournament.
E.g. 8 teams, 2 brackets, the first two teams of each braket play agains the other first two in a semifinal and if they won for 1st or 2nd place.
3rd and 4th final are also played.
The other teams played in the same way to obtain a 5th to 8th place (and prize too),
This seems to me the best way to play the same number of games each weekend, have fun and if you are "strong" play for top ranking place.

May 13, 2023
Thanks for tying the bucket thing in. Now I'm thinking for my little tourney I run I should cover some buckets in gold glitter and decorate them like thrones. They can be the team trophies for winning.
Maybe the last place team should get a handle on the side...
Screenshot_20231001-072501_Chrome.jpg
🥳 hey now,... they would still get a trophy...🙄

Jun 8, 2016
Teams know what the GG is going in. Playing 4-6 games min should be enough. That’s 1/4 of the games I played for a whole summer in LL 35+ years ago..

Oct 4, 2018
It mostly bothers folks who want their trophy to “mean” more so get upset that other teams who aren’t “good” won one. Multiple brackets lets more teams get more games and makes for fewer horribly mismatched bracket games. The better teams still have to beat the better teams to win the top bracket. There are plenty of good teams out there you just have to play in the same tournaments they are in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. I think it's much better this way. Break it out into lots of brackets: Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper and let teams play teams their own level. Give winners and runner ups rings. Who cares if half the teams get a ring? Watching girls smiling and happy at all levels is a good thing.

Jan 1, 2023
I think after 10-11U most of the girls don’t even care about the trophies, medals, or rings. They probably would prefer gift cards to Ulta or Starbucks. I thought the PGF trophies were nice, though, as they were crystal.

Oct 4, 2018
I think after 10-11U most of the girls don’t even care about the trophies, medals, or rings. They probably would prefer gift cards to Ulta or Starbucks. I thought the PGF trophies were nice, though, as they were crystal.

A $5 starbucks gift card would probably motivate my DD's 14U team more than I'd like to admit. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles