Roadtrip! Trying to make this work...or is this too much?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJS

Jan 9, 2015
Don't burn your 12 year old out. That is a lot of traveling, and a lot of games. Give her the time off that she would have been using to play USSSA. Then, get her throwing in her off-season program so that she is ready for 43'.

Our team will play 100+/- games this season, but even I know that the girls need some down time.

Apr 8, 2013
I guess I'm in the minority. My thoughts are if she wants to play let her play. They grow up fast and once it's over it's over. Best advice I ever got was from a friend, I told him how my youngest was wearing me out wanting to go to the field and hit, pitch, field, etc. And she always wanted to play catch. His kids were older and he told me to love every second of it. Since that conversation I have taken a whole new approach to the "can we play catch" question.

Also, this potential road trip sounds like a great story to tell 10 or 20 years down the road.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Thank you all for your responses...

Well the verdict is in...we are NOT going to the USSSA event. What I'm proudest about is her reason.

We laid the whole scenario out for her and gave her the choice...basically what it came down to, she wanted to be at her big sisters last tournament of the year. She said something like "she's at most of my games, I should try and be at her's too..."

Who knows...DD1's team will be missing a pitcher that weekend...maybe she'll throw some innings for the 14U team...

thanks for all the responses...you folks give great perspective...CP

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
easy peasy...

and I believe Java lies mid-way between Hartford and Sandusky, so you may as well book a 2hr clinic "pit stop" while you're at it. ;-)

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
easy peasy...

and I believe Java lies mid-way between Hartford and Sandusky, so you may as well book a 2hr clinic "pit stop" while you're at it. ;-)

Actually...I could hit Java up on the way to York with all my pitchers...

If we were doing USSSA...I could drive northwest before heading northeast to see Java again...

Then drive slightly further east to visit SBmom8992 before heading North to Hartford...then hit Java on the way to Sandusky...

If I didn't burn my 11 year old with that adventure...nothing will ;)

CP

collinspc

Softball Dad
Apr 23, 2014
Pittsburgh PA
Is this feasible? Is this too much? Will I end up in the ER if I propose this?

I'd love to hear your thoughts...CP

Yes, YEs, and YESSSSSS

Jan 11, 2015
As long as the KID wants it there is no burning them out! As a perent I have to give them every oppertunity even if I wind up in the hospital and in a straight jacket!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes