is there such a thing as too much?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Know of a couple teams who could go. But why?
Traveling in itself does not add prestige.
They will stay here and do PGF.
I know there are teams that travelled to play in Alliance qualifiers ($650 3gg with 3rd game being a consolation game if you lost first 2 games) that have zero intentions of going to Florida. Talk about lighting your money on fire.

May 11, 2018
My DD in 12u had 14 tournaments in 15 weeks we did this for 2 yrs Division A team. we were all burned out especially mom and dad. the first weekend with no softball DD said she was bored and wish she had more games. I could have strangled her. I think the kids would be perfectly happy playing every day. mom and dad are the ones who need the breaks.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I know there are teams that travelled to play in Alliance qualifiers ($650 3gg with 3rd game being a consolation game if you lost first 2 games) that have zero intentions of going to Florida. Talk about lighting your money on fire.
Yes. Know of that happening teams qualifying not intending to travel.
Kinda like saying
'we proved we could go, but no thank you'

isnt it?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Yes. Know of that happening teams qualifying not intending to travel.
Kinda like saying
'we proved we could go, but no thank you'

isnt it?
How about the not so good average teams that have zero intentions to play Alliance in Florida traveling to AZ for qualifier($700 per family min. with a brutal drive home) after paying $650 to play 3 games. Coaches need to be more fiscally responsible. I cant believe parents put up with this kind of bull. To make is worse, imagine if your DD only got 1 or 2 ABs. It happens. Choose your DD team wisely. Ask questions.

Nov 8, 2020
How about the not so good average teams that have zero intentions to play Alliance in Florida traveling to AZ for qualifier($700 per family min. with a brutal drive home) after paying $650 to play 3 games. Coaches need to be more fiscally responsible. I cant believe parents put up with this kind of bull. To make is worse, imagine if your DD only got 1 or 2 ABs. It happens. Choose your DD team wisely. Ask questions.
I have friends on a So Cal 16U team that went to the first Alliance qualifier Valentines Day weekend in Bullhead knowing that they were going to go to PGF instead of Alliance no matter what. They said it was a fun trip, all the best teams on the West Coast were there and they wanted to play against those teams....plus, it wasn't like California was open for them to play anywhere. They got to stay at a resort together, went 2 and 2 over 3 days and the friends said it was worth it to them to be able to be served drinks in a bar for the first time in months.

Kids team got a tier 1, they play in OKC this summer and are skipping PGF this year since they're both the same week, so schedule will be Colorado through the 4th of July, OKC a couple weeks after that and then we will go Maui for a couple weeks at the start of August to unwind and prepare for next season's tryouts and school year.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Maybe for some IT was a placement test ?!
Lol

Triple crown events are good in that coaches can get a realistic answer to their assumptions about their teams playing level.
Pool play sorting the crowd
For
Sunday tourny.
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Aluminum
Tin

Recently you know calif hasnt had these tps events in what a year+?
So alliance event was a sampler for some. imo

Nov 8, 2020
Maybe for some IT was a placement test ?!
Lol

Triple crown events are good in that coaches can get a realistic answer to their assumptions about their teams playing level.
Pool play sorting the crowd
For
Sunday tourny.
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Aluminum
Tin

Recently you know calif hasnt had these tps events in what a year+?
So alliance event was a sampler for some. imo
If you live in California you had to leave the state to play because the people who control the state had banned children from playing outside for over 12 months.
During those 12 months I took my kid to Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma.... just so she could play the game she has spent most of her life playing.
So even if you weren't planning to go to the Alliance finals if you did qualify, you could go to Arizona and play in a qualifier, see your friends,, go out to eat and have some drinks..... The other option was you could sit at home in California and hope that Uber eats delivers the correct meals because if you got out of your car to walk through an outdoor parking lot without a full hazmat suit on some hall monitor reject Karen will write down your license plate number and say they're calling the cops on you.

If you have a child playing above 12U they have about 5 years of travel ball left, they used the plannedemic to rob your kid of 20% of her remaining travel ball years. If your kid is between high school graduating class of 2023 and class of 2021, they essentially had 50% of their HS playing career stolen from them in California because of it.

I dont care if it's a qualifier for a championship series played on the moon, if all of the good teams are going to be there and it's in a state where we can be treated like citizens and not convicts, I'm taking my kid, they've stolen enough from her already.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi