Riddle me this. It's Friday check in 9/4

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
DD played her first game of the fall season in the Stars Over Texas All Star game Friday night. SOT is a nice smaller showcase where College coaches run the All Star teams Friday night and then scout Saturday and Sunday during the Showcase games. Too bad DD's team pulled out of the actual Showcase.

The good: DD did very well pitching and hitting.
The bad: It was only one game two hours away on a Friday night.

*BUT* it was my birthday and getting to watch DD play was all the party and present I needed. Eating dinner at Floyd's afterwards was a bonus.

We are going to the 18u showcase next weekend. I paid for 2 nights (with no refund because I had a blonde moment doh!)...Friday and Saturday night. Found out yesterday that our first game is at 3:30 on Saturday. Sigh. Never going to make that mistake twice. Now all I can pray for is that it doesn't get rained out. LOL.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
One of the advantages of playing HS softball in the fall, is weekends are free for college football!!!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Canning tomatoes tomorrow, 5 bushels. Then my dd and I are going to her old tb practice barn and she is going to pitch to me and swing the bat as she has decided to tryout for the club team at her college. So I got that going for me.

which is nice.

When are open tryouts for the school team again????

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
We are going to the 18u showcase next weekend. I paid for 2 nights (with no refund because I had a blonde moment doh!)...Friday and Saturday night. Found out yesterday that our first game is at 3:30 on Saturday. Sigh. Never going to make that mistake twice. Now all I can pray for is that it doesn't get rained out. LOL.

Tell your DD good luck!

I did notice the game times this year were weird. Our All Star showcase game didn't end until about 11p. Some of those girls had to be back at the fields at 6:30a for their first team games.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas

The good thing about playing on turf is that rainouts are rare. It rained on us several times this weekend and only had to clear the fields once. That was because of the lightning. Let me suggest a few places to eat. Yes Floyd's is good, but if you want something off the beaten path try: Willie Burgers, Crown Pizza or Tia Juanita's Bait Camp. These 3 establishments are located next to each on Calder @ Phelan. Do it!!!

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
Well we ended our Summer portion of team commitment and my daughter has ACL surgery in 2 weeks. We were suppose to play this coming weekend but HC daughter and mine got in a disagreement (his starting catcher and mine starting pitcher) so they got their drawers in a wad and quit. Already had 3 out for volleyball and one other quit to go to a gold elite top diamond team that never wins. So down 5 players pulled the plug and said see yall at try outs in 2 weeks.

Very emotional week and ready to start rehab with daughter. She is determined to make a come back that no one in the area can deny.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Very emotional week and ready to start rehab with daughter. She is determined to make a come back that no one in the area can deny.

Good luck with the surgery and please keep us posted on her progress in rehab!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes