Recent Former Players Make Good Coaches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
One more thing about coaching, although a bit off topic. I've found that when your girls respect you, they will run through a brick wall for you! Great communication often gets great results!

I could not agree more. People have tried to get me to be more aggressive in my coaching and be more visibly angry and upset with the players when they do not perform. I tried it and did not feel it was very effective. I find it is okay to be honest with them. If they give you an excuse as to why they cannot do something then tell them you are disappointed in their ability to spend more energy on finding excuses rather than trying to make a play. If they are upset about making a bad play and showing it then tell them it was a bad play and that together we can move on and live to make another play. Always show them you believe in them by following critique with positive words. I have found telling them that you are disappointed in their effort because you know they can do it and believe in them if received better than merely being aggressive and harsh for the sake of expressing disappointment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207