Promised my pitchers if they ever threw a 30 RPS on the Revfire

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
They'd get their class money back.

Last week, had one throw a 29.1 ---She just couldn't hit that 30!:D

I don't know if she was happy to throw it so well, or mad she didn't get the money!:p

I told her I had complete confidence she'd hit it eventually.

Nov 29, 2009
The day my RevFire showed up I'm putting the batteries in it an playing with it a little trying to see how hard I could spin the ball. I thought I was doing good spinning it 16 RPS. The DD walks in and I tossed the ball to her and said spin it. Without warming up or anything else she hit 23 RPS. She hasn't thrown a pitch in a game or worked on her pitching since she graduated college 5 years ago. Yup... I hung my head in shame...

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
We've only used one once about two years ago. Dd was averaging 17-20.... and the instructor was acting as if that was pretty good. 30 is down right amazing. I'd like to see how high it is through a single wheel pitching machine. When I turn the throat down and spin the jugs around for a drop ball, at 60 mph, it produces the nastiest fall off the table drop you'll ever see. Just curious how many rotations is required to get that kind of movement.

Oct 22, 2009
She's an amazing kid, not too may coaches want to look at her because she's just 5'2".
She's had a few talk to her, but she worries her size is going to hinder her.

She throws 60mph, her spins;
Rise--29.1
Screwball-28.6
Curveball-28.2---totally horizontal
Dropball-20.8

Will be a Sophomore this year, and she's also been hit with the bad high school coach that won't let her play.
Coach is extremely parent run, and another pitcher the same age as her gets all the time due to parent pressure.
She doesn't even get to hit in the line-up even though she hits well too.
Coach won't even let her pitch when her star is having a bad game, and I think at this point she can't let her pitch because she cannot allow the parents to see what talent there sitting on the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi