Progression from Drill to pitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2012
Lateral sway should be removed. In drill, there is a pattern of the right hip running away from the arm at release. Say something like, "let's make something that doesn't move towards the target... so we can use it to make our pitch more accurate and consistent."

Back foot slight angled in will help with the above tip.
We talk about eliminating forward effort all the time. She understands the concept, but still does it in drill. It's a constant corection point.

Use walkthroughs... slow and relaxed ones to help her progress into the full motion. Be sure to flare the right foot a hair to assist her in not rotating on that back foot. Make early focus on getting into a nice still/stacked posture to throw against.
Funny, Doug reached out with the same advice. Never would have thought about walkthroughs at this stage, but we tried it the other night and she did quite well with it.

Hope to see you all soon. Happy holidays!
Happy Holidays!! Kylie is chomping at the bit to come up and see you again. Hope to get up there in January if you can squeeze us into that busy schedule of yours!! Sam is not ready for a 6 hour round trip yet.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Funny, Doug reached out with the same advice. Never would have thought about walkthroughs at this stage, but we tried it the other night and she did quite well with it.

�� That Douger :cool: Like to see it...

I got new neighbors... 12-8... 2 Softballers & 1 baseballer.... Showed DM your clip... She loved it :{))

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
I didn't video it PC..... I honestly thought it would be ugly as she had no concept of the timing of it... but it took the little bugger about 5 tries to figure it out on her own.... I'll shoot a quick clip the next time we work on it.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I didn't video it PC..... I honestly thought it would be ugly as she had no concept of the timing of it... but it took the little bugger about 5 tries to figure it out on her own.... I'll shoot a quick clip the next time we work on it.

I'm looking for a video of DD I got of her throwing into mirror about that age... I got a 2yr old GDD I'm getting prepped for...:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet