Pro glider

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
Instant feedback in regards to keeping the hands inside. For that its great.

I love this tool personally and see it at all the colleges DD and I visit.

Jun 18, 2010
50s6i_zps4a319cc5.gif

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
Both of my daughters have used it and it has helped with their swing. Their hitting coach introduced them to it. I have used it with the teams I've coached as well. It really helps to correct the swing of those girls that "sweep" with the bat.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Both of my daughters have used it and it has helped with their swing. Their hitting coach introduced them to it. I have used it with the teams I've coached as well. It really helps to correct the swing of those girls that "sweep" with the bat.

I haven't used one of these for myself, but it appears that someone who turns the barrel with an explosive launch and good 12-6 bat speed would send the ball somewhere behind them.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
I haven't used one of these for myself, but it appears that someone who turns the barrel with an explosive launch and good 12-6 bat speed would send the ball somewhere behind them.

It has a little sliding mechanism that the ball "rides" on for a bit. Then the mechanism comes to an abrupt stop at the the end of the bat and the ball continues on its way. Done correctly, the ball will go straight forward. The girls I've used this with quickly realize they are swinging wrong and consider it a challenge to correct it. I think it also helps them visualize how their swing affects which way the ball goes when they hit it.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I see a strong potential for kids to push the hands forward launch the barrel out front. This is not part of a good swing.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
My GDD uses a toy one, with good results. Use it as part of your training from time to time and it is fun. Yes, I also use the dog toy chucker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG