Odd situation about HC/AC duties

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Responding more to the stuff on page 1:

After roughly 6 years of college softball, I can‘t even begin to describe how dysfunctional some of these coaches are.

I sit in my big comfy chair and read the posts by parents of recruits on various sites and I can’t help thinking how naive they are. I know I was too. I think “I ought to post this story or that story”. Then I realize it wouldn’t make any difference- they won’t believe it or they think somehow it will be different for their kid.

And I’m not talking about mildly questionable statements behavior and decisions by coaches. I’m talking about the incredibly petty. The completely inappropriate. The full on nauseating. See my signature line for further explanation.
Totally have to agree here. I will share stories at another time.

Jan 20, 2023
My wife got mad when we first watched this movie. It was too true to life, especially the board meeting parts. My daughter and I watch it once a year.

I just laughed so hard. We took a season off after my daughter’s 1st season of 10U it was so bad 🤣

This was so spot on.

Jan 25, 2022
It is. Assuming they use NFHS, anyway.

Required and enforced are two different things though.

It isn't required in softball is it? If it is for softball, it's definitely not enforced. But try wearing jeans, or leggings/sweatpants without pockets. They'll send ya right to the dugout.

May 29, 2015
It isn't required in softball is it? If it is for softball, it's definitely not enforced. But try wearing jeans, or leggings/sweatpants without pockets. They'll send ya right to the dugout.
Coaches are not required to wear the team uniform in softball. There are rules governing what a coach can wear though. I’ll have to post them tonight.

May 29, 2015
I'd like to see it. Seems lik everyone around here has a jeans violation story. :)

Off the top of my head, I can tell you jeans are forbidden. That is accurate. I believe it is essentially team colors; proper footwear; and khakis, athletic pants, or shorts. Don’t quote me on that until I can get to it though. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad