Pro glider bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I have a model called "the swing bat" (similar technology)
It's wonderful for on deck swings. I love the way it promotes a short swing, if the ball slides early it's an instant feedback that a long casted swing is happening.

Oct 10, 2011
We tested out the Pro Glider bat for the first time tonight and we really liked it. Ours is 33" and weighs 23.9 ounces with the ball off and a little over 24 with it on. It seems to be very good quality and should last a long time.
I tended to "throw" the ball to about where the shortstop would be pretty consistently. DD was the opposite at first but after about 20 swings was able to hit the target (a square banner on the wall) about 8 out of 10 times. She likes it a lot but finds the "click" annoying when just taking practice swings. She really doesn't notice it when she's swinging with the ball on. I did notice that when she was focusing on her hand path, her lower half suffered a bit. I think that's normal, but after she's started hitting it consistently, she was able to pull everything together pretty well. We'll use it again tomorrow with the walk up drill and do some front toss with it also.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
I have used one for over a year as a warmup and practice station. I am starting to wonder if it's a good idea to use this unsupervised, because the girls tend to get a little lazy with it. They will swing easy and use upper body cheats to get the ball to fly straight. I'm not saying they are doing it intentionally, but the feedback is only good if you are actually swinging at game speed. Even then, I would like to hear some feedback from some of the coaches teaching a high level pattern. Where would you guess the ball should leave the shaft if Cabrera was taking a full swing with it? I'm just throwing this out there as someone who has used this for a while, and am not 100% convinced it isn't causing some problems, even if it eliminates the first-move cast.

Jun 8, 2010
I have used one for over a year as a warmup and practice station. I am starting to wonder if it's a good idea to use this unsupervised, because the girls tend to get a little lazy with it. They will swing easy and use upper body cheats to get the ball to fly straight. I'm not saying they are doing it intentionally, but the feedback is only good if you are actually swinging at game speed. Even then, I would like to hear some feedback from some of the coaches teaching a high level pattern. Where would you guess the ball should leave the shaft if Cabrera was taking a full swing with it? I'm just throwing this out there as someone who has used this for a while, and am not 100% convinced it isn't causing some problems, even if it eliminates the first-move cast.

I don't have the pro glider, but was looking to get one. coachbob, was it easy for the girls to 'cheat' and still send the balls up the middle? If I did get it, I would have seen myself having the girls use it, after instruction, largely unsupervised because of the feedback that the bat claims to provide to the user.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
I don't have the pro glider, but was looking to get one. coachbob, was it easy for the girls to 'cheat' and still send the balls up the middle? If I did get it, I would have seen myself having the girls use it, after instruction, largely unsupervised because of the feedback that the bat claims to provide to the user.

I would hate to keep anyone from buying a good product, based only on my experience. I would look at a lot of YouTube videos of people using it. One coach demonstrates it with a pretty bad swing. Yep, the ball, goes up the middle. You will see it at the top of your search. Yes, in my opinion, it's easy to cheat. I have seen some good swings with it too, so I am not saying it's not a good tool. My next practice I will shoot some video of girls using it at an unsupervised station, so the board can analyze, and see if I am Off base.

Oct 4, 2011
I know you can make one with a dowel but there is weight difference compared to a real bat. The pro glider you can get one close to your real size and weight.

I cut a hole in a softball size whiffle ball large enough to slide over a -3 baseball bat. Works okay...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA