Pro glider bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Interesting thread.

Two plus pages of rah rah type positive posts on the Pro-Glider product.

Matt sings the praises of the product.

Then Rdbass posts a video demonstration.

The demonstration is reviewed ... and reality begins to sit in.

Matt follows up and explains that there is a pitfall to the product, but continues to praise it because he knows the secret of using it.

Noon points out the flaw in the logic and refers to the product as a “crap stick”.

A request is made to the supporters of the product to show it being used constructively … and with that request the thread died.

So where should the ball come off the barrel? Answer … not in the direction of the pitcher.

1r21p4.gif

Mar 9, 2015
Any more constructive updates on the proglider? Never used it but have seen it at several camps. Seems like they have a station for players to use it but are unsupervised. So the ball is going all over the place.

Oct 27, 2015
Interesting thread.

Two plus pages of rah rah type positive posts on the Pro-Glider product.

Matt sings the praises of the product.

Then Rdbass posts a video demonstration.

The demonstration is reviewed ... and reality begins to sit in.

Matt follows up and explains that there is a pitfall to the product, but continues to praise it because he knows the secret of using it.

Noon points out the flaw in the logic and refers to the product as a “crap stick”.

A request is made to the supporters of the product to show it being used constructively … and with that request the thread died.

So where should the ball come off the barrel? Answer … not in the direction of the pitcher.

1r21p4.gif

Ok so this gif is a proper swing.

Just trying to confirm why the others are so bad... Is the reason because it promotes not turning your barrel at the start but encourages your hands moving forward to early instead?

One more question. I feel more and more like a beginner here but I need to come up with a hitting plan for our upcoming practices. What drills or stations are recommended for a whole team practice?

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Ok so this gif is a proper swing.

Just trying to confirm why the others are so bad... Is the reason because it promotes not turning your barrel at the start but encourages your hands moving forward to early instead?

One more question. I feel more and more like a beginner here but I need to come up with a hitting plan for our upcoming practices. What drills or stations are recommended for a whole team practice?

SpeedHitterGIF_zpsyqyny3lk.gif

Is the reason because it promotes not turning your barrel at the start but encourages your hands moving forward to early instead?
Yes, see how far forward the hands traveled.
On FFS gif the ball on the stick would be thrown into the ground....good...not thrown at a target....bad.

se3ddx.gif

Follow Pujols bat. If there was a ball on his bat where would the ball go during his swing. Into the ground.
Do you see Pujols moving his hands forward before he 'turns the barrel towards the ball' as he hits a HR.
Hope that makes sense.

Oct 27, 2015
Yes the picture is getting clearer. So many bad drills out there that I have used before... Including using a tool like the one from this thread. Last year one of the girls started swinging it like a fishing rod and I never brought it back. It's sad how popular the bad drills and concepts are and how much you have to dig to find the good stuff.

Oct 10, 2011
Again... Several of these gifs are not the Pro Glider bat. The wiffle ball clicks onto a gliding shaft that has to travel a distance and hit the end stopper hard enough to knock it off the shaft. That is one of the things that makes it different from the others so it doesn't just whip off the end early. It also is great for hitting wiffles because it comes in the same weights as many softball bats.
Having said that... DD would much rather hit real balls and I'll sell ours for $75.00 shipped if someone wants to try it😊

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA