Please help me dispel Total Control Ball rumor

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
There is a rumor in my area that girls should not hit TCB's with the girls "good" bats.

I know the website says the balls will not damage bats but lets hear from some of you who hit these. We have hit them a bunch and I do not suspect in the least that they damaged bats. Do you have any concerns for your bats with tcb's?

The irony is that these same people are hitting 100-200 machine balls per week and that does not seem to concern them...

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have never had a problem using any composite or 2 piece bat, with the TCB balls. As you stated, the company even says that their products do not hurt the bats.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I've seen no issues with bat damage from TCB balls hit by strong 18U hitters. Its the inelasticilty of impact or compression of the ball, which increases as the temperature drops, that kills bats. TCB balls deform when hit so the force of the impat is absorbed infinitely more by the ball than the bat. Swing away at those TCBs.

PS I've heard that swinging plastic composites can make you go blind

Feb 1, 2010
Midwest
I've used them religiously for team pre-game warmups for the last two 16U/18U summer travel seasons and haven't seen or heard of any bat problems because of them. Props to their wiffles too...they are the best!...especially in compact warmup areas.

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks guys- keep It coming, Greenmonsters I think it is pitching them that makes you go blind, I have been using my wife's cheater glasses a lot after last summer.

I really wish I knew how many tcb's , both the original and wiffle I pitched to two tournament and two rec teams last summer. Every one of those teams hit the ball well btw. Dang that's fun.

Apr 9, 2012
My club uses these year round (Kansas) on all the high end bats. We have never had any issue of any sort with TCBs or equipment used on TCBs. I have girls that hit these things 50 plus feet in the air.........and yes they crank 200' fences regularly.

No issues-its just a rumor.

Oct 10, 2011
One coach told me that they will not use them because they cause a loop in the swing as the girls try to get them to fly farther. Maybe I should offer to buy them from him. I lost the only 3 I had:(

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We have hit TCB balls with composite bats for 2 years without any problems. If your DD carries a 'beater bat' for dimple balls, she could also use it for TCB balls and it would probably extend the life of her composite bat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny 321commission