My big folder of Bat Receipts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
I wish I had kept a serious accounting! I think I did pretty well on most bats I bought as far as reselling them. Bought a fair amount of used bats over at Softballfans too, that site doesn’t have much fastpitch on it anymore.

What is weird is I can remember buying Xenos from Core for $180 and having dd try a different size or whatever and being able to sell it locally for $5/$10/$15 bucks less than I paid for it. I called the loss a “bat rental fee”. I must have been giving the buyers the receipts. The used bats sold really well here because there was no one offering any discount at all.

(Note to save Core from having to answer this 50 times- when Wilson bought Louisville/Demarini, they screwed over their small dealers and wouldn’t sell to them anymore.)

I was surprised that we broke a fair amount of Xenos. I know dd#2 broke a couple of the 33/24’s that were out of warranty and that’s why we tried some new bat called a Ghost that Core was selling, lol.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020
I am probably in the same ballpark with bats purchased over the years. this is just the photo of her reserved or back up bats that have been accumulated with warranty returns these are the brand new ones. daily bats now are another mantra, ghost and orig blue and grey ghost also CAMWOOD training bat.. now you add the cost of gloves over the years initial little league gloves lol, then a off label custom that was too big and heavy , then a glove of the month A2000, then a custom A2k, then a smaller for second base custom pro preferred Rawlings. that being said I would not trade another dollar for the memories times we spent training and traveling along with friends teammates and other families we met along the way.. regardless of the well deserved scholarship to play college ball next month I am still in the red lol... insult to injury she gets new bats and gloves in college lol.. to all starting out on journey take it all in and enjoy all the ups and downs.. to all that are finishing up reflect on the time effort spent with your child both on and off the field and reflect on life lessons she has learned during the process that should help them be better adults outside the lines ...maybe I will sell them one day as I have seen them appreciate in value over time or keep as memories

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 23

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles